First Project

It was November when the management called for a meeting.

Sir Monchet or Ramoncito Vergara, their manager, a top notch starmaker and a veteran in terms of loveteam, agreed upon the story of a young aspiring author. This will be a summer movie, which will definitely draw in young fans and other young at hearts. Pre-production will be on the end of the month. They're hoping to start the shoot by December, rest during exam week and Christmas season, then resume on January.

Since they were on a tight schedule, there were days that they would go to school with barely a wink of sleep. Good thing their handler made sure that they can still attend classes. And that out of town scenes will be shot only on weekends.

Cie Cie realized that making a movie is way different from a theater production. She appreciate the prod team more, and gets along well with her co-actors.

The movie will be a project of a former loveteam turned real life couple, Tonz and Cie Cie will be portraying the younger versions of them. Since they were working with veterans, they've got to up their game.

She and Tonz helped each other in each scene. Specially the heartbreaking ones. Sometimes, she just feel that his gaze becomes more intense and his delivery of the script more heartfelt.

While waiting for their scene, they would read lines or review. The other actors were amazed that they could juggle their acads and showbiz.

The weekend before the exams, they were shooting in Zambales. The scenes by the beach took longer than expected and everyone is already cranky since it's nearly dark. They were able to pack up by midnight. Tonz and Cie Cie, together with their handler will have to travel back to Manila again. While riding the van, they rerouted to a resort. Tonz who's starting to doze off was startled when they stopped. The were ushered to a helipad, he whispered to Cie Cie, "What's happening?"

"We're going home." she said, her face devoid of emotion.

He felt something was amiss. Clearly, the network will not enlist a helicopter service for a young loveteam, unless there was an emergency.

"Is everything OK?" he asked their handler.

"Yes, the Martinez family just sent this service to pick us up. They feel that land travel is quiet risky at this time." she said, smiling.

He tried to catch Cie Cie's eyes, but she wouldn't look at him. It's as if she's shy about her parents' gesture. So he just held her hand and squeezed it tight to show his appreciation.