Down The Rabbit Hole

Tonz couldn't believe his ears when Cie Cie said, "Coffee?"

He stared blankly at first, trying hard to register what she said. Then he smiled, so big he could almost feel his jaws hurt.

"I thought you're bound for Antipolo today?" he asked.

"Yeah, I totally forgot. Maybe next time na lang." she said, sounded disappointed.

"Let's grab coffee in Antipolo na lang. I haven't been there pa eh."

"Are you sure? It's a long drive." she said, a bit worried.

"Yup, I'm completely sure, it's early pa naman. Wait, I'll check Booky for some recos."

They went to his car, some fans are still waiting outside ACZ. They just rolled the windows and waved goodbye. They all squeled in kilig, when they saw Cie Cie in the passenger seat.

Tonz seemed more relaxed now, he asked if he can play some songs, she agreed. Pink Skies by Lany resonated in the car. She smiled when he sing along.

"Thrift store fashion, imperfect tattoos
Taking shower, minus  shampoo
You are my favorite everything
Been telling girls that since I was 16
Shut up, I love you
You're my bestfriend

Get ya under pink skies, I know exactly where we should go..."

He really has a nice voice. And he says he plays the guitar too! How can a girl not fall?

He surely felt that she's staring, because he took a glimpse of her. He smiled and grabbed her hand, "I like this, driving, good music, you and me."

"Me too, but you forgot coffee." she said.

"Yeah, and coffee." he said.

They arrived in Antipolo-Taytay boundary, the temperature dropped a few degrees, he saw her shivering. He parked at a curbside and  grabbed his jacket from the backseat.

"Wear this, I didn't realize it will be this cold."

"Yeah, it's January kasi." she said.

They went to an underground cafe in Taytay. The ambience is really cozy and romantic. Good thing there aren't many people yet, and he reserved before they drove there.

Once they were seated, Tonz asked if he could take a photo. He took some candid shots of her. She also got her phone and took a selfie of them.

"It's a really nice place. Thanks for bringing me here." she said.

"I'm glad you liked it. I like that it's far from the hustle and bustle of the city. We can pretend that we're in a different world."

"Yeah, like Alice in Wonderland." she said.

"If you're not an actress, what is your dream job?" he asked.

"If I'm not an actress, I will be a writer or a scriptwriter perhaps. I love words eh. I also want to try song writing. How about you?"

"I'll definitely be a lawyer. Everyone expects me to be one, but when I was younger, I wanted to be a priest."

"Poging priest naman nun."

"What did you say? I'm pogi?"

Silence... Their orders arrived.

"Ano nga yun?" he asked again.

"Nothing."

He changed the topic. "If we didn't become a loveteam, do you think we will meet each other?"

"We met each other in school..."

"Yeah, pero will we be this close? Friends kaya tayo nun? Remember, almost 4 years that we passed by each other in the hallways of St. Raymund's, we have the same enrollment schedule, we go to the same section of the library, and yet we're just strangers."

"I don't know, maybe we're not really seeing, if you didn't change clothes in the carpark, I wouldn't notice you."

"Yeah, and I'll think that you're the girlfriend of Nicolo, just like what everybody says so anyway."

"Funny, being the so-called girlfriend of Nicolo has its advantages."

"Yeah, if not, guys in all colleges will surely swarm you."

"What made you say that? There are prettier girls in the campus."

"You don't really know, do you?"

"What?"

"You're not just a pretty face Jacinda, you have a beautiful soul too. I can't blame Rocio for being like that. You can drive a guy crazy."

"Tonz, don't flatter me."

"It's true. Hindi kita binobola."

"Thanks for the compliment. You're not too shabby yourself."

"Kanina you said I'm pogi, ngayon not too shabby na lang?"

"Fishing yan?" she teased.

"Tell me, if we're not a loveteam, will you like me too?"

*Pink Skies by LANY
(No copyright infringement)