Bashers And KFC

While Christmas back home is all about home-cooked meals and recipes passed down for generations, here in Tokyo, its way different. Due to a good marketing strategy by KFC, for years it became a Christmas staple.

Cie Cie couldn't help but feel sad looking at the huge bucket of chicken, she misses the Lechon, the puto bumbong, even the sweet spaghetti. Good thing her parents had a teppanyaki chef on standby. She excused herself to grab her phone in her room, but when she opened Twitter, she found a basher commenting on her post. She felt a lump in her throat. She's offended but relieved that the fans tried to focus on the positive. If only she could be like them. Just easily shake things off her mind.

Her phone rang, Nicolo is calling...

"Merry Christmas Jacinda! Thank you sa gift! Kailan ka uuwi?"

"Merry Christmas! Wala pa yung gift mo for me? Surprise para di ka mag expect ng pasalubong."

"Nasa Greenhills na. Nakita ko dun gift ng family ni Tonz ah. Balae goals?"

"Ewan ko sayo, ma-issue ka. Palibhasa di ka makapunta kina Hennessy kasi ex mo yung ate nya."

"Grabe ka talaga. Di ko ex si Helga, nag blind date lang kami, once. Ikaw tong ma-issue eh. May problema ka no?"

"Wala. Nada. None."

"LQ kayo? Dahil dun sa model no?"

"Chismoso ka talaga Baltazar!"

"Naku, delikado ka na din pala. JACINDA SELOSA!!!"

"Ewan ko sayo, bye!"

Her phone rang again...

"DI AKO SELOSA OK?"

"Cie Cie? Uhm, it's me, Tonz."

"Sorry, sorry, ang kulit kasi, ni ahm, ni Nicolo, oo makulet kasi yun."

"It's OK. Btw, I just want to thank your family, especially your mother, for making my mom really happy. Her generosity is very much appreciated. The whole family enjoyed."

"Sorry, what did my mama do?"

"She sent a catering in our house here in Iloilo..."

"She did what? Was tita Isabel offended? I'm sorry if she overdid things."

"No, on the contrary my mom's really happy. She's happy for having a thoughtful friend. She mentioned to your mom that relatives are coming over, so maybe that's why she thought of the catering."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"And, thank you pala sa gift. You shouldn't have splurge that much..."

"Well, it's a belated birthday gift and Christmas gift. So I think that's a fair price."

"Oh, I see. Thank you again. I really appreciate it."

"Me too, I'd like to thank you for your gift, it's really cute."

"I just hope to see you one day, wearing it."

"Let's wait and see."

"I'm still hoping. By the way, I saw the bashers, are you OK?"

"Not really, but I realized, if I can eat KFC for Christmas, I can definitely eat bashers for breakfast."

"Wow, good to hear that. I'm proud of you. Basta, don't let them get into your nerves."

"Thank you, I'll try."

"I got to go, I...I miss you..."