"Do you have anyone else to fulfill that position? I don't talk much with my nephews, but the impression the left on me is that they could care less about Abstergo. Am I mistaken?"

"No. You're right.", Alex confirmed. "They have...other things on their plate at the moment. Still, you do realize what a family reunion endows, ri-"

"IF...you mean a meeting between Daniel and Leon, fret not. My youngest will be on his school trip at the time as he's a second year. I too want to avoid another bloodbath.", the last part flew out through gritted teeth. The man does love his children, as much as Alex, hence his restraint to lash out on his own brother.

Taking current circumstances into account, the proposition wasn't half bad, as the more they delay the decision on the matter, the restless people like Hadrian would become. They too have a breaking point after all. There wasn't really a valid reason to refuse, in fact it would prove beneficial to Anna as well, to get hands on knowledge from the Gold King's library.

...

"Very well, Stephen. I'll take you up on the offer. I too want to get this problem out of the way as soon as possible. Can I leave the arrangements to you then?"

"You can rest assured. I'll take care of everything. See you in a few weeks, Alex...and thanks, brother..."

The calls was ended as abruptly as it started, and yet both parties felt a weird sense of fulfillment, as if they both confirmed to themselves the other doesn't view them as a stranger, despite the rough history between their offspring.

"Are you ok?", his lovely wife came to conform her husband, fully comprehending any worries he might have. "I can talk with Leon myself and make sure he'll stay calm.", she offered.

"It's alright, Scarlett. I think he too understands that this meeting couldn't be postponed indefinitely. The only thing I'm concerned about is how exactly is Stephen going to mediate a dialogue between Leon and Edward. They don't see eye to eye. And despite his lack of interest for the company, Leon will surely refuse to yield the position to their side of the family. And on top of that pile, there's this whole supernatural thing-"

"Alex!", she snapped her husband out of the trance he was sinking in. "He's not a kid anymore, that's certain. We just have to talk with him about it, and figure things out together. Our son may be in a troublesome position, but he's also got trustworthy individuals around him."

Few may ever describe Death as some you can trust, but considering his relationship with their son. I think it's fine to put the guard down around him by now.

"You're right, Scarlett. That will be for the better."

Sometimes the presence of a good partner next to you does way more than meticulous planning ahead. Needless to say, Alexander chose a good woman to put a ring on.

Meanwhile

As the game previously mentioned was being watched with eager eyes, in a room reserved for the Gremory team to rest, the atmosphere was rather heavy, most likely due to the outcome the match was likely to with.

"This is quite the surprise, and not the good kind.", the read headed beauty was quick comment at just how masterfully Diodora's strategies were being executed.

Agares was no pushover, by no means. She's the smart kind of devil, much like Sona, always planning ahead. But even the best plans would crumble if their bases lied on false information about the enemy, right?

Amongst all the people present, Leon Creed was the most eager one to watch, as his own expectations were thrown off the scale. Sure. He didn't meet Diodora in person and he's not someone you'd call an expert on rating games either. But if Rias' disbelief was something to be trusted, it would be safe to assume Diodora kept his fangs hidden all this time.