《MJ》Relapse

Relapse by foryourgorereads

Reviewer: writes_love01

Thanks a lot for choosing me as your reviewer. I loved your book a lot and truly am a fan of mystery and thrillers. 

Cover- 5/5
I loved how the cover was made and portrayed the theme of the book and even how it showcased Xander's face relapsing or maybe it wasn't. But, it was just perfect and I loved it!

Title- 5/5
I cannot argue with you about the title. It is just perfect and just how the way it shows the main content of the story. 

Blurb- 09/10
I loved the blurb a lot! The way it explained everything and also showed us the story. But I guess it was a bit long. A little bit. Maybe just go with the perfect sentences and remove the unwanted even though they all feel important.

Plot- 18/20
The way the story portraits everything is quite amazing. Just a lack of description in actions. You give more importance to their feelings other than their actual works or actions they do. The next one I have to say is the way of describing the scene was pretty cool. I could see the blood splattering out of the people's heads and bodies in my mind. It felt remarkably realistic and totally engaging. Relapsing is quite an interesting topic and I literally adore the way you showcase it by taking the power from the humans. The conflict created there was absolutely astounding. By the way, I would suggest that you make a trigger warning at either the starting of the chapters or in the blurb stating that the chapters contain extreme violence and disturbing scenes of death, suicide and harassment. Doing this can help your readers know if it is safe enough for them to read or not. Some people might get triggered by reading such scenes. I could feel myself grimacing while reading it at night xD

Character Development- 08/10
Well, in characters, I barely know them properly even if I reached the 6th chapter. You can try becoming more specific in the characters and their traits. Mostly, I just know that they both have superpowers and are killing the restorationists (sorry if the spelling is wrong :S) There is a lack of information on their actual personality or their inner feelings. 
Like, for example, I am a writer and everyone who follows me knows that. But, not everyone knows that I am a couch potato with an introverted soul xD
So, try bringing more scenes explaining the characters' inner feelings which are in general and not for a particular person or scene. Otherwise, it was just great!

Originality- 4/5
Here, the book is just totally amazing. But, in every story, the reason is revenge and I feel bored reading the same topic. But still, the concept of the book with bringing up the humans as undead gave me chills. It was a great plot and the way you describe how the person dies or how their body reacts to the sudden attack, it was just perfecto! 

Grammar/Spelling- 19/20
Maybe, in a few areas, I could see some grammatical errors. Just a few places, but you can try to improve or correct those mistakes so the reader doesn't get distracted. 

Style- 09/10
Your language and style were just simple and efficient. It wasn't too hard for a reader to understand nor was it too simple for someone to feel bored about. It went in a perfect way and flow. Just make sure you give a tiny bit of description when something ends or something begins in the scene. Like, when they go from one place to another, just don't say "They walked down the road to eat the pizza. After eating, they left." It sounds a bit blank. So, try to bring a bit more of an engagement.

Engagement- 09/10
The book's plot was enough to bring a lot of engagement. But, extreme violence is a bit too much for someone who gets triggered easily. Try reducing the vulnerability or effect of the violence in the book. Not whole, just a little bit. The book was really amazing to read and I loved it a lot.

Presentation- 5/5
There is no lack of creativity or any kind of problem with how you presented the book. I'm not talking about the graphics, but the way you give out your words. They're purely arranged and just beautiful. 

Total: 92/100

Your book was amazing with its own flaws and blows. Just give it another edit from your mastermind and you'll get it right and perfect this time! All the best with your book for the future!

~ MJ

✧˚ · .✧˚ · .✧˚ · .✧˚ · .✧˚ · .✧˚ · .✧