《Sunako》The Lady Detective

Reviewer: AnatsukiAuthor

Author: MichelleManisha

Book: The Lady Detective

I want to say beforehand that I found this book extremely well-written. I really cannot make any complaints about it, and hope that it isn't an issue with the author(s).

Engagement 5/5

Your book was very engaging from the start. When I read the preface it immediately gave me an idea of the case and was good for hooking the reader immediately. A skill that I find very hard as an author, is making small talk important to the story. In other words, you've expertly made it so that there is never a dull moment in the story, every chapter is filled with suspense and I enjoyed every second of it.

Clarity 5/5

The book is very clear with every moment and is very easy to imagine. I haven't found anything that had disrupted my clarity at all. You've properly described every moment, and make sure that the reader has a clear image in their mind of what's happening.

Timeline 5/5

The timeline is also very organized and put together. I didn't see any forms of overlapping, nor did I see any random gaps. I like that you've incorporated real-life events into the story, and it helps with allowing the story to form in the reader's mind.

Writing Style 5/5

I think the writing style is very well put together. You are very descriptive, and I liked how you wrote down the accents and the pronunciation of words. It really does help put the image in your mind.

Characters 5/5

I can't go into depth about every character, but I will with the main character (Mavis) and a couple of others. Though, I will say that all side characters are well-written and you can still get a good feel of them and how they act or behave.

Mavis is a wonderful character in my opinion. She doesn't fall into a stereotypical female of her time and seems to prefer to do things her way. She places trust in her older brother, Maverick, and they seem to be fairly close. I also see that, while she tolerated her friend, Amber, she didn't have much interest in the same things she did, though that doesn't mean that they didn't care for each other.

Maverick seems to care deeply for his younger sister and supports her and her choices. He doesn't enforce her to become a "proper lady" as his mother does. Maverick also seems to be slightly protective of Mavis and tries to keep her out of trouble and prevent her from getting hurt.

Plot 5/5

The plot so far is very well written. You don't seem to be rushing anything and everything seems to fall together in its own time. I also see a fair amount of plot twists and ways to make the story more interesting.

For the first time, this is a story with 5 out of 5 stars. Your book is extremely well put together, and seems like a female version of Sherlock Holmes, with its own twists of course, and I really do enjoy it. I hope this review was helpful and has at least motivated you in some way.