《Ellen》Those Unsaid Words

Username: wild_imaginator16
Book: Those Unsaid Words
Genre: Poetry 
Chapters Read: 13
Reviewer: EllenFairyBlue4

Thoughts: 

Poem 1:

This poem, Alone, was one that spoke of loneliness and hope. The person in this poem is feeling extreme loneliness, maybe to the point of depression, yet this person still has a small tingle of hope within his or her body. The question is how long will he or she fight for that hope. 

Poem 2:

The mourning nature speaks about how the earth or nature is being destroyed everyday, in my opinion. Or it could be speaking of the change in seasons, like spring and summer becoming fall and winter. Life and death is a theme here. 

Poem 3:

An imaginary city is a poem is what the title hints at. The person in this poem is daydreaming about a better place to be than the current place he or she is at. Hope and longing is a theme here. 

Poem 4:

Night Time gives me the impression that the person in this poem can see the beauty of night life, but can't really quite experience the joys of being in the dark. There's a happy ring to the poem toward the end, which makes me think the person isn't saddened by not being about to like night time, but just thinking about it like a thought. 

Poem 5:

Dreams of a women prisoner tells me about the struggle in which women face in everyday life. This could be referring to women right to vote or women right to stand up for themselves in a situation in which murder is involved.  It could be any of the issues women face, but society was made by men and for men. Women can try to break the typical image of a woman, but they are well push down or suppressed for trying to break free. 

Poem 6:

Bright morning tell of growth and the coming of fall. Things are growing in summer, but then with the approaching of fall, it's like they are living in a moment of peacefulness. Transcendent, maybe. I don't know but this is what I got from reading it. 

Poem 7:

The Phoenix speaks of women who are 'shunned for whatever inappropriate behavior, thing, or idea they dared to do by society. In this case, men who hold power. It could also be referring to the disfigured faces of people in today's world who are often picked on or torture for the way they look. 

Poem 8:

It's time to say goodbye speaks on the loss of a loved one. The sorrow one feels when having to view their loved one's body and going back to their normal lives without that person. This poem is one that is like a tribute to those lost loved ones. 

Poem 9:

In loving memories of Frederico De Saintis tells about the character,  Rico, being forced to do things he in his hearts of hearts didn't want to do. That the world was so cruel to him that he was forced into a life that made him the bad person, when in reality, he is just the average little boy looking for acceptance, friendship, or love maybe. 

Poem 10:

Bounded and broken is a poem about a father and husband who fondly reflects on a time when his father would interact with him. A time where they weren't so absorbed in their technology. When communication wasn't easy, but personal and intimate. 

Poem 11:

Her demons, in my opinion, is about a young adult or girl who is on the verge of committing suicide,  but she remembers all the people she would be living behind. She remembers she is their life and that she must stay alive in order to continue being their light. This inner struggle is one many face everyday, not all ending happily like this poem. 

Poem 12: 

True beauty speaks of confidence and loving one's self the way one is, despite the flaws. It speaks of self discovery in a sense. This poem is the on the more encouraging side than the majority of the poems in this book because it tells one to love yourself for who you are and never think any less. 

Poem 13

His unreachable dream tells about a boy who is trying his best to go after his dream in life, but every time he gets close, something happens that causes him to fall back down. This poem speaks of resilience and effort. 

These poems were well written. They approached different topics that made me think about difficult topics such as feminism and depression. Then of hope and self love. They were easy to read and they flowed nicely.  I liked them all actually.  If you have any questions about these poems feel free to ask me.