《Ellen》The Plan

Reviewer: EllenFairyBlue4

Username: angiexvi
Book: The Plan
Genre: Historical fiction 
Chapters read: 17

Thoughts: 

The Plan was a historical Fictional piece that surprised and annoyed me a tap. The story is much better than the first version I've read, just to note. This new version has more depth and the writing is a bit more mature. The characters are more rounded, and the plot leaves a good bit unanswered. 

This is a historical fiction so none of the events are real, but they do have a touch of realism to it. King Edward was a pretty decent example of the manners some kings and queens presented in the past. The typical I want everything to go my way or it's the highway mentality. At first, I felt like Edward didn't like Anastasia because she wasn't his by blood, but now I see that he simply doesn't like her because she resemble her late mother. This makes me wonder if he really ever loved his wife, but something tells me he used her to gain something.  

Anastasia isn't the typical princess, rather it's spoiled and rotten or classy and fake. She wears her emotions on her sleeves. Quick to tears, she has clearly suffered abuse from her father, which made me think she wasn't his in the first place. Her strong will and manipulative side does come through when she decides to kill her father. I mean she had every right to kill him for the way he treated her, and I'm guessing he does worse to her than what the author wrote about. 

As for her brother, Caspian, he's a big overprotective sweetie. It did annoy me that at first this story was going down the in-the-closet-coming-out-routine that a lot of wattpad books or LGBT stories does, but this story didn't quite go in that direction.  I mean it spoke on the issue that sane sex relationships were frown upon by society, but it didn't have that immature writing or views most same sex stories has. I felt like the author did a good job portraying this aspect. 

I didn't like how things turned out in the end, but I can see how they did turn out in that way. I mean did you really have to give this story an unhappy ending? *arches eyebrow*

Did I enjoy this story? I'll have to say I did for the most part, but that's because the writing was pretty clean. As far as the storyline, no. It depressed me a little. It shows the negative side of royalty and society, something I'm not too fond of reading usually. (Yes, I'm a big sucker for happy endings.)

Overall, I felt like this story is very different than what I was used to reading. It surprised me toward the end, yet it was an easy read. (Oh, I found it pretty ironic that her half sister has the same name as Anastasia's middle name. This makes me think that either Elizabeth was popular back then or that Elizabeth will be the new Anastasia for the king.) 

Will there be a book two or short story maybe where we finally get to see King Edward go down? Or wait Elizabeth, his illegitimate daughter, will become a sacrificial pawn or the downfall of King Edward? Will Austin get his revenge for the king killing his beloved, Anastasia?

You gotta give me something that results in the king's downfall. --_--