《Via》Whisper of Blade

Whisper of Blade by MiyaHikari

Thank you MiyaHikari for asking me to review your book, I can honestly say that I’ve never read a book like this, it’s so unique! I enjoyed reading it a lot, it has been so much fun.

Cover:
It is a very good looking cover, I especially like how there’s a blade going down the middle of the page through the title, I also like the little wisps coming from it to look as though it was actually whispering, a problem I have is that at the very top of the page the blade covers some of the letters of ‘deserve’, other than that it’s still a very beautiful cover.

Description:
Just saying that first line, you already caught my attention, it’s short but yet makes such a huge impact, it reminds me of a crossover, and honestly I love how in the description even though you only wrote a short sentence to describe some of the characters, you managed to describe them so perfectly, it’s so true to them, you should be really proud of yourself, this was really good!!

Storyline:
Your opening line of your prologue, that’s a very interesting/ different way to start a story, so much angst!! (I’ve recently become a very big fan of dark fantasy and was looking for books to read off of this genre)This line hooked me in, you straightaway sold me. The story just progresses so much and gets just the more and more interesting, and I swear there are so many goddam plot twists, just when I thought I was certain about something you just keep proving me wrong, not that I’m complaining if anything I really enjoy it because it makes me want to reread chapters and check to see if there were hidden hints about it. I really did enjoy reading this story, so keep the updates coming!!

Characters:
First of I want to say that I love how badass everyone is like seriously and how they all have such interesting names. I mean Minerva, she’s a assassin but she’s also the emperor’s daughter, which I really did not see coming btw, but the way you revealed it was so cleverly done, and I don’t know if this is right or not but I feel as though Minerva misses her aunt a lot, seeing as she was the only person she could actually trusted because for me in the last sentence to me it seems to me as though Minerva wishes that Edina won the fight against Nemesis. I don’t know if this is what you were going for but this was just my interpretation.

Characters:
First of I want to say that I love how badass everyone is like seriously and how they all have such interesting names. I mean Minerva, she’s a assassin but she’s also the emperor’s daughter, which I really did not see coming btw, but the way you revealed it was so cleverly done, and I don’t know if this is right or not but I feel as though Minerva misses her aunt a lot, seeing as she was the only person she could actually trusted because for me in the last sentence to me it seems to me as though Minerva wishes that Edina won the fight against Nemesis. I don’t know if this is what you were going for but this was just my interpretation.

Grammar/Spelling:
I really can not find any problems regarding this area at all, are you trying to put me out of my job or something, joking joking, but seriously this shows how good you are at writing and how you ensure that there aren’t any mistakes, you’re a good writer, keep it up!!

Engagement of the reader:
Honestly I think I might actually go and read all of your other books, I don’t care how long it takes they’re just so goood! So thank you for introducing me to your work!!