255 🩺 Friday's Are Scary As Fk

Começar do início

The other male patients rushed forward, giving their best attempts at holding him back, but Yunho's heart stopped as he saw the drunk break free and lurch forward. Grabbing a kidney dish on top of a dressing trolley and throwing it across the room at the girl, all Yunho saw was the needles and other sharp implements in it flying through the air, and he didn't even think.

As the little girl screamed, Yunho ran forward. Turning his back to the oncoming debris and pulling his coat out, time moved in slow motion as he closed himself around the little girl and squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for impact.

But by some miracle, not one implement stabbed into his skin; all of them falling to the floor.

But as a shattering sound exploded amongst the now intense chaos, Yunho's heart thudded and his head snapped around to see what had been smashed.

Yielding a broken bottle in his hand, Yunho saw suddenly the man diving for them; and suddenly, Yunho's body was alight with movement. Grabbing the girl, swinging her up onto a dressing trolley and pushing her away as far as he could, he turned back just in time for the assault.

He saw a flash of movement next to his shoulder, but was too focussed on blocking the man from barging into him and winding him with his weight. Grabbing the first thing his hand laid on - a box of gauze -, he threw them at his face, the soft tissue like swabs floating down around them and momentarily blocking the man's view of him.

Swinging him around in a circle and sending him right back into the middle of the room, Yunho's pulse thudded and his heart screamed in his chest. Watching the man stagger to the ground; dizzy and unable to stand; Yunho saw that another kind civilian had rushed to help. It gave Yunho the courage to turn his back on the aggressive man and check on the girl.

Running up to her, he picked her up off of the trolley and put her on the closest bed beside them. 'Are you okay?' he breathed, frisking his hands over her looking for injuries as his heart beat a million miles an hour in his chest. 'Are you okay?'

But the girl started crying, her eyes widening in terror. 'Oppa' she squealed, covering her eyes with one hand and pointing at him with her other. 'Oppa's neck,' she cried.

Confused, Yunho watched as the kind woman who had apparently been in the bed came up and tried to calm the girl who was now screaming hysterically.

And upon glancing down, Yunho realised what was wrong...

Protruding from his neck, was a large shard of glass, and a bright red stain down his skin and into his clothes and white coat...

Not even feeling the pain however, Yunho quickly faced the girl. 'Oppa is okay! Don't cry, Oppa is okay! See?! I promise!' He tried to hush her, but suddenly a commotion broke out behind him, and the girl screamed.

'Oppa behind you!'

Turning around at the speed of light, Yunho saw just in time as the drunk managed to overpower the three already weakened men, and lurched forward at them.

Running directly at him and the girl, still with his broken bottle in hand, he hollered like he was going to war.

Yunho shot to movement, standing and stepping to the side at the very last moment, hooking his arm in the man's and spinning him around. Catching both his arms behind his back, Yunho rammed his leg into the back of the drunk's knees, forcing him to the ground.

'Drop it! Drop it! Drop the bottle!' Yunho yelled at him, pulling the drunk's arms tightly back until his hand opened, and dropped the weapon. Yunho kicked it aside out of reach and shoved him down onto the ground face down.

'Someone press staff duress!' He yelled, struggling to hold him down even with a knee in his back. Somehow managing to shrug off his coat, he wrapped the man's wrists together in the bloodied fabric to help restrain him.

'We did, but it's not working!'

Yunho swore under his breath as the three men came over to help.

'Help! We need help in here!' he started yelling, and it didn't take long for not only the other terrified staff, but also the patients to start screaming for help.

And finally, security spilled into the ER.

Taking the man from them, Yunho and the there other men fell back, exhausted. Yunho collapsed back against the wall, breathing heavily as he closed his eyes and felt his ears burn. 'Are you all okay?' he asked, looking through his half hooded eyes at the three other men.

They all nodded, but one turned. 'Nurse! Doctor! Someone! This young man needs help!'

Two moments later, as nurses started checking to make sure all their patients were okay, his preceptor for the shift - a female doctor - fell to her knees beside him. 'Yunho, are you okay?' She immediately started assessing him.

Yunho laughed spitefully, wincing a little as he did. 'I think the adrenaline is wearing off,' he groaned, tenderly reaching up to touch his neck...

But his preceptor swatted his hand away. 'Don't touch,' she ordered sternly. 'It is very close to your artery.'

And as the situation around them went into damage control, Yunho laughed in exhaustion. 'I guess we've all got to die from something, right?'

~~~