nosaka x anna, carnival

Start from the beginning

She glanced at Nosaka, but he seemed to be paying more attention to the couple. "Rinko, shouldn't we be heading inside?" Fidio reminds as he swipes Rinko's purse off her hands, taking out the two tickets. "Oh right. Nosaka, did you bring yours?" She asked, holding out the two pieces of paper. "Yeah, right here." He replies, holding up the same tickets. "Then let's go in!"

The line to the entrance didn't take very long, and soon enough, they were inside a land full of fun and magic. Kids ran around with smiles on their faces, while their parents chased after them. Couples wandered around as well, holding hands, arms linked, and just being sweet. There were also groups of friends, taking selfies, and messing with each other.

Anna couldn't see a person who was in there all alone. Everyone had someone. "Anna, let's go try out the rides." Nosaka said, offering his hand to her. Smiling shyly, she hesitantly placed her hand in his, which earned her a bright smile from the red head. "Come on.

Nosaka pulled her along, dragging her to many rides, two of which, nearly made Anna throw up. Rinko and Fidio were with them as well, but they were lost in their own world.

It was around 4 in the noon when Anna felt hungry and thirsty, so Rinko led the group to a canteen area, surrounded by food stands. "We should get ice cream." Fidio smiled, pointing to an ice cream stand where the seller was amusing the children with ice cream that stuck to the scoopers.

"But I want chicken nuggets." Rinko furrowed her brows, crossing her arms above her chest as she motioned to the said stand. While the couple bickered back and forth with what they wanted to eat, Nosaka helped Anna into her seat.

She wiped a bead of sweat that formed on her brow. "Sorry if I had to drag you around like this." Nosaka apologized as he brought out a fan. Anna didn't know where he got it, but she was thankful as the canteen was filled with people hogging the fans. Nosaka fanned her as she rubbed her temple, trying to get rid of an incoming headache.

Rinko and Fidio glanced at the couple from the corner of their eye. "I told you, ice cream. It should help with the heat." Fidio whispered to her. Rinko barely heard him over the clashing chatters of the people. "Shouldn't we just get her ice tea?" Rinko told him, her voice just barely audible. "Giving her an ice cream might just give her a brain freeze."

"Isn't that what ice cream usually does?" Fidio asked. "Oh, you're right." By the time the two had decided in what to get, Nosaka had already bought some Takoyaki and ice tea for his tired plus one. Rinko nudged her boyfriend. "Told you, ice tea works." She smiled, pulling her phone out of her pocket. She made sure to turn off the flash as she pointed the camera at the two.

Nosaka stabbed the toothpick onto the Takoyaki before nearing it to Anna's lips. "Here you go, eat up." He smiled, offering it to her. As if her face wasn't hot enough, Anna's face became red from the gesture. 'Calm down, he's just being nice!' She scolded herself.

Worried at the sudden redness of her face, Nosaka put down the Takoyaki. "Anna, are you all right? Your face is red." He worriedly says. "I'm fine!" She squeaks. "It's just a little hot is all..."

Nosaka knit his brows in worry. "We should try the horror house next! Oh yeah, there's a parade later at 5, since it's the opening parade, it's gonna be extra fun." Rinko giggled as she sat at the same table, Fidio taking the seat beside her. In his hands, he carried a bucket of fries and in the other was two cups of milkshakes. Rinko grabbed one of them as Fidio placed the bucket in the center of the table.

A shiver ran up Anna's spine when Rinko mentioned a horror house. But knowing those two, the couple, she'd have to deal with a scene of the two begging her to come in with them while Nosaka would just watch in amusement.

Anyways, after the heat settled down a little, and the Takoyaki and fries all finished, the two pairs headed to the horror house. They were pleasantly surprised when the line wasn't as long as they'd expected. They presented their carnival bands, and the lady at the desk let them in, in pairs.

Rinko and Fidio went in first, laughing like children. Knowing those two, they'd probably end up scaring the people inside instead of the other way around, but they were certainly going to enjoy themselves. Anna on the other hand was shaking like a newborn baby deer as she and Nosaka were enveloped by the darkness.

A scary ambience surrounded them, neon green lights flickered in the corner of their eye, guiding them throughout the horror house. Noting her fearful expression, Nosaka held her hand. He smiled at her, but it wasn't seen as it was too dark. "Nosaka?" Anna whispered, pausing in her steps and gripping the hand that wrapped around hers.

"I'm here, Anna. Don't worry." Nosaka's voice brought a sense of relief to the blonde. "Shall we continue?" Carefully, Nosaka led the two of them throughout the house. Anna tried not to shriek every time someone would pop out and scare her, but she would fail miserably every time.

Soon enough, they both heard giggles. Giggles belonging to little children. Anna looked around, paranoid, when all of a sudden, "BOO!!"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Anna dashed out of the exit, breathing heavily. Since the three others she went in with were soccer players, they were able to catch up to her with ease. "You should've seen your face!" Rinko laughed, resting her elbow on Fidio's shoulder. The brunette chuckled. "Your endurance is almost monstrous, Rinnie."

Anna breathed deeply and turned away from the three, her body shaking. Slowly, Rinko's and Fidio's laughter died out, a frown replaced their lips when they noticed Anna wasn't laughing. They shared a look. "Maybe we took it too far?" Fidio whispered to his girlfriend. Rinko nodded. "We're leaving this to you, Nosaka." The red head turned to look at the couple, but they were already gone, as if they've vanished.

Sighing, Nosaka approached the trembling girl. "Anna, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let those two force you into entering." He told her as he stood behind her. "I'm fine." She sighed, looking up at the setting sky. "I think it's time I return home."

Nosaka frowned at her statement. "Before that, can you come with me, please?" Anna raised her brows as Nosaka grabbed her hand, dragging her away. She struggled to keep up with him, mostly since he had quite the strong grip on her. They soon arrived at the overlook where the river was seen.

When the moon was high, the entire river lit up beautifully as gigantic floats carrying dancers and performers entered. The entire carnival lit up, looking like a playground of stars. Anna smiled as she leaned over the railing. Her smile widened as the parades got closer to the overlook, it was nearly as tall as the overlook, and Anna could feel like she could touch the decorations of the floats.

One of the performers climbed up to the very top, a woman wearing a sparkly outfit. The tip of her finger brushed against Anna's outstretched hand, making her smile brightly before the woman jumped off, the performers below catching her. "It's beautiful!" Anna gushed.

Nosaka smiled softly as he gazed at her twinkling eyes. "Yeah, beautiful." Anna looked over at him, curious at his low voice. "Nosaka-" she was swiftly cut off when she felt a pair of lips against her own.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          yeah, this took a while...
          i was too focused on my tgcf and mdzs
          books, idk why, but i kept updating
          everyday in those books and it grew
          real quick in just a month 0.0

          chille, hope you enjoyed this bestie, and
          i'm sorry if it looked kind of rushed or
          something 🥲

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
07 / 11 / 21