'...can we please get back on track? We're wasting time. Especially after meeting that poser yesterday.'

Not many can get away with calling the Norse god Loki a poser, but in these circumstances, the pair had no idea who was or wasn't a god at this point. I mean, regardless of status, they all bleed at SOME point, right?

"You know, the more I see you in that form, the more you look like a failed attempt at designing a demon lord..."

'I assure you. ANY demon lord is at least ten leagues apart from me.'

"Oh, I am in no way contesting your power. It's just that your personality doesn't match the appearance anymore. I can't take the 'I'll end the world' speech seriously at this point."

The woman chuckled slightly at imagining that impression of Absalom, much to the latter's displeasure, but their fun had to be cut short. Ah, my mistake. Her fun.

3 knocks on the door happened consecutively, before the door was forcefully opened in a hurry, with a "Stop right there!" along with it. Into the room came Lara Jones, the stunning beauty herself, somehow expecting to catch a perpetrator inside.

"...what are you trying to do?", Grace squinted her eyes, feeling rather weirded out by this event. 

The redhead scouted the room several times before turning to her 'guest'.  "Who were you talking with? I heard you making comments about becoming a husband of all things...?"

'Grace, you blithering idiot.', if he could transform right now, he would love to facepalm himself at this very moment.

"A-ah, that. I was just, you know... ", she fiddled with her fingers trying to cook up an explanation.

Fortunately, for Absalom, not Grace, Lara took notice of the untouched pill on the nightstand and let out a sigh of slight disappointment. 

"Are you sure you didn't hit your last night during the earthquake?", she reprimanded her.

Of course, the first impulse of Grace was to shout back: 'Bitch, I MADE that earthquake!', but she had to bite her tongue and go against her feisty nature for once.

"You're a rude one, aren't you, Miss Jones?", she hit back, trying to keep the conversation somewhat civilized. 

"Am...I?"

"Are...you?", Grace responded, unsure of where this exchange was even going anymore.

Certain is that Lara felt as if she received a punch under the belt. She couldn't believe she was hit with the same words she'd usually throw towards Bruce Creed...

"Apologies for that slip-up. It would seem I've fallen under some bad influence recently.", she rapidly admitted.

"Ah, lover quarrel. Say no more.", the 'patient' tried to sound understanding but it backfired completely.

"What!? I wouldn't be caught dating Leon even if he was the last man on this earth!", she instinctively blurted out, at which point both her interlocutor and her guard dog were left speechless.

'Leon Creed!? Does he interact with every human on this earth?!', the Nephilim erupted in frustration, feeling unable to escape his younger brother's reach.

'Relax. Maybe this is another Leon she's talking abou-'

"To begin with, why would I want to become part of the Creed family? To have Bruce as a brother-in-law!? No way!", Lara continued, as if she felt the need to justify her outburst. 

...

'Come again, Grace?'

'Not another word, you Edgelord.'