New identity

Suryeon finally got time to sit down with the twins and have a quiet afternoon with them.

A lot has turned around and a lot has been dealt with.

She finally changed the guardian of her children back to herself, so they no longer need to live under the fear and trauma of their father.

Seokkyung insisted that she sits next to Suryeon, so she can snuggle right next to her.

They went to the strawberry cafe and had their favourite desserts together. It has been such a long time since the three could be together quietly and talk about their lives and plans.

As Seokkyung and Seokhoon happily eat their desserts, Suryeon looked at her two children bicker and play, she was filled with so much joy.

"Seokhoon, Seokkyung, I want to ask you both something."

The twins look at their mother.

"Now that I have successfully been able to protect you both from your wicked father, I want to ask you both something intimate about your future."

"What is it omma?" Seokkyung asks, a little worried.

"It's ok omma, you can say," Seokhoon comforts.

Suryeon contemplates but decided that this was the best.

"I want you both to follow my surname, Shim."

The twins were a little shocked, but they totally understand why their mother wanted this change.

If they were to carry the surname Ju for the rest of their life, they might have to carry the burden of their father's sins and always been considered as devil's children.

The twins might stand tall and be brave against people's criticism, but people would still talk. At least now, if they follow their mother's surname, there will be benefits more than loss.

At least, they will have new identities, a better chance to be a new person. And even if their mother remarries, as they wish that she would get her own happiness, they would not need to follow their stepfather's surname, whoever that will be.

The twins fall into thought, but Seokhoon broke the silence. "I'll change."

Seokkyung smiles at her brother as he smiles back at her.

The twins both know, it is time for a new identity.

"I'll change too, omma!" Seokkyung leans into Suryeon's arms, hugging her tight.

Suryeon pats her adorable daughter's head, happily smiling at the twins.

"Thank you, kids, thank you."

That afternoon, they all arrived at the Social Security Office and dealt with the name change.

The twins and Suryeon walk out of the office, and the twins looked at their new ID card.

Shim Seokhoon.

Shim Seokkyung.

Finally, a new life awaits them.

Author's Note:
I would be overjoyed if the twins will not be just the famous Joo twins, but the angel like Shim twins :)

I'm sooo sleepy.... but I love writing this as much as I can! Thank you for being so supportive and following me!

Follow for follow and have real fun writing together here!

Happy Reading!