Alive

Throwback: 1 month after Rona's "death"

A small figure was lying in the hospital room and a woman was gently taking care of the small girl.

She brushes her wounds slowly with a piece of towel, gently patting her.

The girl opens her eyes, blinking several times because it had been quite some time since she ever opened them.

She looked around in the house, a little confused and terrified, until she saw the person in front of her.

She was stunned, quite unbelievable.

Shim Suryeon.

She tries to sit up as quick as possible but she could not, her body was stiff from being in bed for many months. She trips a little and Suryeon reaches out to help her.

"Suryeon Ahjuma?"

"You've waken up, Rona."
"Where am I?"
"At my safe house."
"Am I in heaven? I am dead right?"

Suryeon lets out small laugh at the silly girl. But she understands, when she had nearly experienced death.

Rona, still in disbelief, asks, "but I thought you were dead! And my mother was nearly in jail for that."

Suryeon sighs, as she walks to wash the cloth in the tub of water.

"That was my sister. The twin sister I never knew I had before." She puts down the cloth and washes her hands.

"We've only reunited a few days before her death. She went back to the penthouse instead of me because she wanted to see Seokhoon and Seokkyung for the first time after 20 years because Ju Dan Tae had deported her away since she birthed the twins. And I was replaced to be their mother," she pauses, almost sobbing, "who knew, she never get to see them ever again."

Rona patted Suryeon's shoulders gently.

Suryeon looked at the kind girl. She remembers her own daughter.
"Thank you for your wishes for Seol-Ah. I know you've worked so hard for her dreams to come true."

Rona tears up. She didn't know how long it has been since her last memory in the hospital. She faints again.

—-
As she woke up, she didn't know what happened but she saw that Logan and Suryeon was talking at the sofa.

"Ju Dan Tae is acting up. We must bring the reappearance of Rona, at least that should shake him up a little, I think he has something to do with hurting Rona. Either way, he could be the one taking off the breathing tube." Logan speaks.

They heard squeaking sounds from the bed where Rona lays. They both spotted Rona waking up.

"Rona, are you ok?" Suryeon asks.
"I'm alright. I guess I fainted." Rona said weakly.

Logan looks worriedly. "I don't know if we should do this." Suryeon looks at Logan, slightly agreeing, but still stood strong about Rona.

"What are we doing?" Rona acts very calm inside, but inside her mind, she was thinking about a lot of things.

What about Mother?
What happened to her?
Where was the murderer?
what about Ha Eunbyeol?
What about Cheong Ah Arts Festival?

And.

Seokhoon....
Their date... their fate?

So many questions and thoughts run through her mind, a piercing pain came to her head.

"Ahhhhhh...."

The adults looked worried.

"Did you remember something?" Logan asks. "We need you to help us get back to Ju Dan Tae." Logan pauses as Suryeon continues, "many people are suffering."

"What about my mother? How come I saw the news and it said I'm dead?" Rona questions.

Logan replies, " that's the only way she could calm down and focus on pulling Ju Dan Tae down. We took 5 months already. We're almost at the end game."

Rona did not understand how much it was important for the adults to take down Ju Dan Tae, but inside her she knew the reason why she must do so.

"Ha Eunbyeol isn't the one that truly killed me." Both adults looked at Rona in shock.

"Ju Dan Tae is the one who stabbed me in the head."

Author note:
I think some of my story lines matches with the new updates of the episodes! So spoilers if you haven't watched them! But I also bring in my original content of what I think could happen instead! Later episodes will be more on the Seokro couple!
Lots of love! 😘😊