I'm right here next to you

Rona anxiously held onto Seokhoon's hands as they ride to the hospital. Seokhoon calms the crying Rona by caressing her hand as she held tight to him. 

"It's alright, I am here." His soft voice calls to Rona. 

Rona nods. 

Logan calls Suryeon on the way to the hospital. As they arrived, Seokhoon was immediately sent into treatment. His lips were white, but he stayed strong, and even in turn comforted Rona and Logan that he would be fine. 

Logan helps Seokhoon prepare a room. They waited for Seokhoon's return. 

Not long after, Seokhoon was brought up to the room in a wheelchair. The doctor follows from behind. They helped Seokhoon on the bed and advised Rona and Logan. 

"The stab was quite deep." The doctor mentions. "But he is strong, so we only needed some stitching up. Rest for a few days, and eat these anti-inflammation medicines, and you should be fine." 

"Thank you, doctor," the three of them nodded to the doctor. 

As soon as the doctor leaves, Suryeon and Seokkyung came running in. 

Suryeon drove to the hospital immediately after they received the call from Logan. 

"Seokhoon-ah!" Suryeon said, worriedly. "How did this happen?" 

"Oppa!" Seokkyung exclaimed.  

"Eunbyeol got very mad at Rona and came chasing after her with a pin, out of protection Seokhoon blocked Eunbyeol's attack with his back," Logan mentioned. 

Suryeon looks at her boy with worries, softly brushing his hair and praised him for being so brave. 

"Ya! Bae Rona! Why does nothing good happens to my brother every time you are around!" Seokkyung said, frustrated at how her brother has sacrificed so much for Rona. 

"Seokkyung, don't be so rude," Suryeon tells Seokkyung softly and said sorry to Rona immediately afterwards. "I'm sorry Rona." 

"It's alright, Seokkyung has every right to be angry at me, I really should protect myself next time if ever this happens again." 

Seokhoon held his hand to hold Rona's hand and smiled at her. 

"I'm okay, and so will you." 

Suryeon smiles, how big her boy is now. He can take care of someone now. 

Seokkyung rolled her eyes, as usual. "Ha Eunbyeol has no way to run this time right, omma?" 

Suryeon sits down at the couches with Logan. "She definitely cannot, at least she has to go to juvy with attacking Rona and Seokhoon." 

Logan looks up after reading a text message on his phone, it was from the police, calling Logan and Suryeon back to the police station to help with investigations. 

Suryeon nods, and stands up with Logan, preparing to head back. 

She goes to the bed and brushes Seokhoon's shoulders gently. 

"My son, you are going to be alright?" 

"Yeah, I'll have Rona and Seokkyung here." 

"Alright. I'll be back as soon as we are done at the police station." Suryeon smiles. 

She hugs her son, and pats her little girl's head, and leaves with Logan.

As the adults leave, the three teens sat there, relieved and almost still catching their breath of what has happened. 

Rona decided to break the awkward silence by saying sorry to Seokhoon, for making him hurt. 

"Seokhoon I'm so sorry about Eunbyeol's action." 

"It's okay, it's not your fault." Seokhoon comforts Rona and jokes. "I guess now we are really a true couple, we both got scared by the same person." He laughs.

Rona laughs. It's funny although it also sounds really painful. 

"Ew. Did you guys forget that I am here?" Seokkyung's voice broke the laughter from the sofa areas. 

Rona and Seokhoon had so much attention towards each other, they didn't even realise Seokkyung had moved to the sofa areas and was flipping through magazines already. 

"Sorry, Seokkyung." Rona apologises. 

Seokkyung flips through the magazine, and carelessly speaks, "I don't mean to forgive you yet Bae Rona." She stops reading and puts down the magazine. "I hate you, but I love my brother. So I will try to accept you because I want my brother to be happy. He has every right to be happy now that he doesn't need to live under the wicked rules of our father." 

Rona and Seokhoon were really touched by Seokkyung's words. 

"Thank you, Seokkyung," Rona smiles, "I will forgive you too, simply because I love your brother." 

Seokkyung nearly slipped a smile after Rona's words but tried to hold it back in. 

Seokhoon was really happy, and perhaps happier than ever he has been. Finally, the world seems to come back to him and rewarding him. 

"Anyways," Seokkyung brings her legs onto the whole sofa, preparing to lay down. "I can't go anywhere, and I don't really want to see you guys interact, so I'm just going to put on my headphones and watch dramas." Then she laid down and put on her noise-cancelling headphones, turned her back from the two. 

Seokhoon and Rona both smiled at how cute Seokkyung is. 

Seokhoon looks at Rona and held onto her hands tightly. 

"I guess we keep on switching positions. This time is my turn to be in the hospital." Seokhoon teased. 

Rona smiled.

She was really tired from the night, probably her throat hurts a little too from screaming. 

She opened Seokhoon's large palms and fitted her small hands in his palm. 

She writes,

"I'm right here, next to you. And I will be with you." 

And smiles at Seokhoon. 

Seokhoon smiles back, gently patting Rona's head. 

Guess the little happiness in life, is when the one you love can be by your side, no matter the situations. 

Author's note: 

I am really excited to see how Seokkyung could mend with Rona, I always feel like she is really not a bad girl. She undergoes a lot of pain and misunderstanding, which lead her to be aggressive. I am sure the amount of love she has for her brother, would change her, now that their mother is back. 

Happy Reading!