Ch 53: Abashed Act

Saxena Mansion:

Abhigyaan was standing at the balcony door thinking about something deep while looking outside when Ruhani came to the room after helping Anaisha for a small nap. She noticed every time, he always came to know about her arrival through her anklet sounds but today, he didn’t turn and saw her. She knew something was bothering him so thought to ask him.

She slowly went to his side and stood beside him but he was so much in his thoughts that didn’t notice her presence beside him. Ruhani was hesitant at first whether she should ask him or not but seeing the gloominess on his face, she couldn’t resist herself as his sad face wasn’t liked by her at all. She finally put her right hand on his left shoulder to gain his attention.

Abhigyaan startled at first when Ruhani touched his shoulder but seeing her there, he relaxed a bit. She looked him with a smile and he too passed a faint smile to her then again turned his face to another side where he was looking before.

“Abhigyaan..” Ruhani called him when noticed his reaction.

He hmm in response without turning to her side and she asked, “What is the matter? You are looking sad and lost in some thoughts.”

He looked her side and she said, “I mean, if you want to share or tell something then you can..”

Abhigyaan looked again at the front and said, “Nothing much, I was just thinking why choti maa and uncle wanted to take Akhil with them.”

Ruhani heard and she too was thinking the same. She didn’t know much about them but staying with them for some days, she came to know that they were like Suhasini and Anil who didn’t put any restrictions to their children and they too always supported Akhil in his decision so this question was also bugging her since she heard about this.

Still, she wanted to comfort Abhigyaan so said, “May be, Uncle truly needs him there that’s why..”

Abhigyaan sighed and went to the room while saying, “No, I don’t think this is the case. I know them very well. Its not like uncle’s company is new there and he couldn’t handle his work. He has number of employees there and he was running his business there for such a long time. He is the best lawyer of London and in these years, he never said or pressured Akhil to come there, in fact, he too always wanted that Akhil makes his own and individual identity then why all of a sudden, I am not understanding it.”

“Have you talked to Akhil bhai and asked him the reason?” Ruhani asked as she thought might be Akhil knew something.

“I asked him but he too didn’t know much as choti maa and uncle just said him that they needed him there to handle the work.” Abhigyaan said then he rubbed his palms on his face to calm himself.

Ruhani looked his tensed face and really wanted to change his mood but she didn’t know what she should do to make him feel better. She came to his side and again put an assurance hand on his shoulder then said, “Abhigyaan.. please don’t stress yourself. I am sure we’ll find the reason soon. I guess we should ask Maa and papa, may be they know something.”

Abhigyaan shook his head and said, “Not possible, you saw Ruhani when uncle said he is taking Akhil with them then everyone was shocked with this even mom and dad so its clear that they don’t know anything.”

Ruhani nodded and again looked his face. His face was showing some worry and scariness which were very rare to see. She came in front of him and cupped his face then turned it to her side and saw his eyes were little red like he wanted to cry but holding back his tears.

Seeing his eyes, Ruhani’s expression turned to concern one and she asked, “What happened Abhigyaan, please tell me.

Abhigyaan looked her worried face. Seeing it, he couldn’t control himself and hugged her tightly. At first she startled but later composed herself when heard his low voice, “Nothing Ruhani, let me be like this for a while, I will be fine.”