Ch 26: Unanticipated Turn

Saxena Mansion:

Abhigyaan reached his room in hurry and saw Ruhani was standing near the table and her back was facing him. He slowly came closer to her with his thumping heartbeats as he had feared about what was going to happen next.

He came and called her from the back, “Ruhani..”

She turned and he saw her face and her eyes who showed anger with some redness, seemed like she wanted to cry but she was holding herself to do so. She looked him and then showed her hand to him. He looked her hand then her.

“Do you have any explanation for this?” She asked him with her stern yet angry voice.

He looked down as he didn’t has the courage to look those angry eyes which were also holding some hurt and with a hope. 

“Mr. Abhigyaan Saxena, I am asking you something, what is this? Why my earing is here in your room that I had lost one month ago? Where did you get it?” She again asked with same tone.

“At the Orphanage parking.” He replied in low voice without meeting her gaze as he still didn’t gather the courage to look her.

“Did you know that it belongs to me?” She again asked but this time her voice held some softness. For a while she thought it could be a mistake as it fell and might be he randomly picked up, so to clear this she asked this question because she still wanted to believe its all a misunderstanding which could be sorted out because somehow she still had a belief on him.

He didn’t reply to her question. He didn’t know how he could say if he said truth that he knew then he lost her trust but if he told lie to her then still he couldn’t be live at peace and it would like he betrayed her friendship.

Ruhani was now feeling scared due to his lack of response but still she didn’t want to believe so she again asked, “I asked you something Abhigyaan, please tell me did you know?”

He looked her and saw her eyes which was showing a hope that it’s a lie. He didn’t have courage to see in her dark eyes which was expecting “No” as an answer but he couldn’t lie to her.

He again looked down and said, “Look Ruhani, I can explain everything. Please calm down and listen to me.” At last he came little forward.

She stepped back and again asked but this time her voice was bit louder than before, “Did you know or not?”

“Its not like what you are thinking, please give me a chance to explain.” He again requested to her.

Tears are now coming from her eyes after expecting the answer was opposite what she had thought. She didn’t believe how it could be possible. She gathered some courage and said with heavy heart, “I guess, I got my answer.”

He heard her and looked up. She wiped her tears and about to leave when he held her wrist and said, “No please, its nothing like you are thinking, listen to me for once.”

She turned in anger and said while jerking his hand away, “What should I listen that by mistake you took it and wanted to give me back. Ok, if you can’t give me answer of my previous question then tell me one thing, had you ever planned to give this back to me?”

He again lowered his eyelashes. He felt, her every question was like an accusation on him. She looked him again and said in hurt expression, “You slapped on my friendship, Mr. Saxena. I thought you as a genuine person but no after all, men will be men they can never be changed for anyone.”

He looked her with same hurt expression. He shook his head as no on her words but she ignored everything and ran from his room. He followed her while calling her name from behind but she ignored his pleading. She was crying and wiping her tears. For her it was the second time that a man took advantage of her friendship that she was thinking so she was right on her place but she didn’t know he wasn’t like him.