Ch 43: Flawed to Flawless

Saxena Mansion:

After the unexpected encounter with Shanaya, Ruhani needed sometime alone. She looked around but didn’t see Abhigyaan anywhere. She saw everyone was  busy on the dance floor and right now she wasn’t in a mood to talk anyone. She found an empty corner table and sat there. She took some breathes to calm herself but her mind was still roaming with the accusations of Shanaya. She wasn’t able to understand why Shanaya thought, Abhigyaan hated Shanaya just because of her? Why she said those bad things to her because as far as she knew, they both were just related through a business deal and now its over too then what was the point of all these and about his first wife, did she say the truth about it?

All those questions were bugging her from inside. Though she didn’t become a scary cat in front of her because she wasn’t a weak woman specially when someone accused her self respect without any reason and pointed out her character. That’s the reason she couldn’t control on her anger and it was also necessary so that from next time she wouldn’t be able to do or say anything stupid to her.

Ruhani saw how Shanaya hugged her husband and what was Abhigyaan’s reaction. She knew being a respectful man, he didn’t want to create a scene there on the stage specially not in the front of her father that’s why he didn’t say a word to her but Ruhani saw her lusty behavior towards him from which she came to know about her character. Moreover, she knew the real meaning of the rage inside Shanaya as she had already witnessed these kind of behavior before. Shanaya’s obsessed behavior for Abhigyaan, reminded her to that one person from whom she wanted to move on but tonight when she again saw the same obsession and possession into her eyes and voice, it took her back to that dark life of her. Though she became strong and fought for her self respect and their relation but now she was feeling anxious about her coming life.

Abhigyaan came back to the party after witnessing his wife’s lioness side and felt all proud on her. He looked around and saw Ruhani was sitting all alone on a chair at the corner table of the sitting arrangements. Seemed like she was thinking something very deep. Abhigyaan saw her and after taking a water bottle from the counter, he went to her.

Ruhani was in her deep thoughts when Abhigyaan came to her and said, “Water..”

Ruhani startled with his voice and her heart started beating fast. She looked him and the water bottle in his hand and immediately took it from his hand then gulped all the water in one go. Her heart beat became normal after a while.

He looked her face again which was still in some  thoughts. He put his hand on hers which was kept on the table and asked with concern, “Are you fine? If you want, we can go inside and you can take rest. I will handle the guest.”

Ruhani first looked his hand which was on hers and then looked his concern filled face. She passed a small smile to him and said, “I am fine. Just a little tired.”

Abhigyaan nodded and took his hand away. They both sat there in silence but it wasn’t the awkward one as both knew and understood the emotions of each others. Abhigyaan knew there was something that was bothering her but he didn’t want to ask her as he knew whenever she would feel like, she would surely tell him. Ruhani knew, he was being concerned after seeing her thoughtful face. She knew he had all the rights to know about her insecurities but still she didn’t want to tell him not now at least.

The silence atmosphere came to the vibrant mode when they heard Ryma’s voice, “Big bro and bhabhi. We all are searching for you in the party but you both are enjoying your alone time here without anyone’s knowledge huh…” She put her hand on her waist while wiggling her eyebrows.

They both looked her and then turned to each other. Ryma rolled her eyes and said, “Oh come on big bro, I know my bhabhi is beautiful but that doesn’t mean, you will see her every now and then.”