Ch 28: An Ultimatum

A&A Industry

Abhigyaan was sitting on his office chair. His condition was all messed up, face was looking drained, hairs were all disheaved and he was continuously looking to the ceiling while leaning back to his chair and lost in his thoughts. His phone was continuously ringing but he didn’t know about his surroundings.

“I hate you… You used me…”

Her words were ringing in his ears and he closed his eyes to tranquil his heartbeats which were beating due to anxiety.

Suddenly his office door opened but he didn’t look the person. Shanaya saw him and a satisfaction smile came to her lips but somehow she was also feeling bad to put him in this situation.

“See yourself Abhi, in which situation you are. If you loved me then nothing would have happened and neither I have to hurt you like this. God, I hate that girl due to her, I have to hurt my love.” She thought to herself. She took a breathe and went to him with a smile on her face like she was oblivion about the scenario.

“Hey Abhi, Happy birthday…” Shanaya said with a smile on her face and went to him with a bouquet on her hand.

Abhigyaan looked her and shocked to see her there. He wasn’t in a mood to talk to anyone so he straighten himself and said in his usual calm voice, “Ms. Roy, what are you doing here?”

“Come on Abhi, its your birthday and I came here to wish you but you are not looking good. What happen to you?” Shanaya said and asked him with fake concern.

“Well thanks Ms. Roy but right now I am busy in my work so can we talk later and I am also not in a mood to go anywhere.” Abhigyaan said without looking at her and opened his laptop.

“But its lunch time Abhi and still we have half an hour to enjoy ourselves. Lets go outside and have lunch. I know the birthday is yours but I will give you a treat.” Shanaya said and leaned to his table.

Abhigyaan didn’t look her and now he was getting pissed off but still he didn’t want to loose his control. He had already seen the result of his anger though he still didn’t believe how could he loose his sanity specially with Ruhani but her words hurt him very badly that he couldn’t control on his mind. He couldn’t believe how she could say that much and accused him and too without knowing anything but somehow he knew she was also not in her right state. When she opened her eyes after his confession, he saw in her eyes and he witnessed a broken Ruhani who held an immense pain inside her but he didn’t comprehend anything and why she reacted when he called her “Ruhi..” He just wanted to show his love to her but she behaved totally different from his expectations.

His chain of thoughts broke when he heard Shanaya’s voice whose one hand was now on his shoulder, “Abhi, Are you listening to me? Lets go and have lunch with me.” She then started rubbing her hand on his shoulder in seductive way.

Abhigyaan jerked her hand away and stood from his chair while saying in irritating way, “I have already told you Ms. Roy, I am busy. Please leave me alone.” He then went near the glass window and looked outside while putting his hands on his pant pockets.

Shanaya still didn’t want to leave him. Seemed like she was being adamant today to make him agree so she came closer to him and encircled her arms around his waist from back and said, “Oh come on Abhi now don’t be a grumpy man. Lets go and have some fun..” she was saying when he again jerked her hands from his waist and turned to her side in anger and shouted on her, “Are you deaf or what? Can’t you understand a simple thing? I don’t want to go anywhere specially with you so stay away from me otherwise you wont like the consequences, Ms. Roy and now I am warning you last time.” He turned to other side in anger and said, “Leave me or else I don’t know what will I do.” He was now fuming in anger.