I can't read her at all.

Divorce is too risky of a move, a standing on the edge of a cliff- tactic to win over the affection of her indifferent husband.

Because it'd be over if I don't catch her.

What's shown by her behavior further complicates my thinking because she's not trying to make threat or obtaining something from me.

What she really wants isn't my affection or the wealth and power that she can enjoy as a duchess.

"Divorce is my greatest goal in my life."

It seems that it's only for a divorce.

To be frank, apart from Kyle and Farhan, I feel my doubts about her growing more and more.

The meeting between Kyle and Philip Farhan was predictable, as Edgar had said, as there must have been some kind of deal between the two.

Farhan, who is nothing but a vile baron, can only offer up his daughter, the Duchess of Diago.

He's trying to get something out of her.

However, to do something with Diago's name, he has to go through me anyway.

If something like that reaches me, I'd have to clear it up without thinking about it twice.

However, she's somehow trying to escape from me.

Every day, divorce escapes from her lips

Nothing fits.

We talked about marriage just a year ago.

No.

Just a few days ago, the influence that Baron Farhan Baron had on her was absolute.

Suddenly, a woman who acted as if her sacrifice for the family was a natural thing did the opposite of Farhan's wishes?

No matter how much I think about it, it's her move that I couldn't predict.

No way. Are you trying to run away?

Getting a divorce at this point won't make Farhan accept you as a member of the family again.

If that's not the case—

Her business, divorce, and a completely different course from Baron Farhan all align.

The question is whether my assumption is correct or not.

"Haiz."

Feeling frustrated by the situation where the outlines are not clearly visible, I sweep my head up and walk to Abella's bedroom at the end of the dark corridor, on the third floor.

"... "

Will there be any truth beyond this door?

No, maybe I'll find the truths that I don't know.

At least, make it not her.

At the very least, she wouldn't do it in front of my eyes.

Would the truth break down the thoughts that I tried to believe in?

"... "

He inhales deeply. His thoughts make him hesitate to turn the doorknob.

"Your Grace!"

When he hears the maid's voice on the other side of the door, accompanied by a loud noise, he opens the door and steps in without thinking about anything else.