𝟒𝟑

It had been 2 months since Miles' party, We were in December and had booked plane tickets to go the Sheffield to stay at Alex's parents house for Christmas; My dad and brother were sad I was going away but I promised I'd call them both on Christmas Day and then Alex and I'd spend New Years at my Dads with Calvin.

We were packing up my suitcases and Were playing Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" out loud on my phone as we danced about singing, I was at my wardrobe throwing pieces of clothing at Al who was kneeling on the floor placing them into my suitcase. He'd packed his suitcase already but was helping me pack mine as he'd stay at mine tonight for our flight early tomorrow.

"Right that's it." I said clapping my hands together then closing my wardrobe doors.

"I'm shattered" Alex said as he zipped my suitcase up then rolled it over to my door.

"Same" I said as i clambered into bed.

We'd had pizza delivered that night and ate up in my bed just talking and giggling and Alex told me about his parents and what they're like, I was so nervous to meet them and excited too, but Alex assured me that they'd love me.

———————————————————————

"Al..Alex wake up we're landing" I said As I shook Alex's shoulder gently. Alex had fallen asleep on my shoulder on the plane and slept like a baby the whole journey, I on the other hand, struggled to sleep and was bored out of my mind.

As we stepped off the plane I was so happy Alex told me to wrap up, It was fucking freezing in England and there was a thin layer of snow on the ground and snowflakes fell from the sky slowly.

We walked hand in hand through the airport and a few people took pictures of us but we didn't care, we collected our suitcases from the baggage area and Then went over to the escalators that would lead down to the main entrance where Alex said his parents would be waiting.

Alex started waving in the distance once we stepped off the elevators and I followed his eyeline to an elderly couple who were stood with big bright smiles on their faces.

We walked over to them our suitcases rolling behind us and Alex beamed when we came to his parents.

"Ohh how are ya son" Alex's mum said in her Sheffield accent which is just as thick as Alex's, as she brought him into a tight embrace kissing his cheek.

"You must be Camille, Alex has told us all about yer on the phone to us" Alex's dad said as he brought me into an embrace.
"I'm David it's lovely to meet you love"

"Oh Camille you are bloody stunning look at you! Alex you never told us how pretty she is" Alex's mum said as she came over to me and hugged me tightly making me go red with her compliments. "I'm Penny darling it's a pleasure to meet you"

"Alex has told me so much about you both, I've been so excited to meet you" I said beaming as I pulled back from Penny and picked my suitcase back up.

"All good things we hope...Reyt let's get off then shall we?" Alex's dad said slapping Alex on the shoulder and then beginning to walk.

——————————————————————-

Alex's parents house was lovely, it just had such a family vibe to it, there was a Christmas tree in the living room and Christmas lights all up outside the house and in the kitchen and hallways, it looked gorgeous.

Penny showed us to our room which was Alex's old bedroom but had a brand new Double bed and had been fresh painted a cream colour.

"Right, if you need anything you know where we are, dinner will be in about 2 hours if that's okay? We'll let you get settled in" Penny said to us as she closed the door.