03

3 days later..

I was walking home from work I'd just done a 3 hour cover shift as one of the bartenders was ill today.

I had my very uncomfortable work clothes on which consisted of a Black-collared polo shirt with the bars name on it "The old bell" embroidered in a bronze/gold just beneath my left shoulder. I had my black jeans on and my belt and my lace high-top platform boots. Or i liked to call them my "work shoes" as that's all I wore them for. It was 2:30pm in August so it was really warm out especially in LA it's practically summer every single day.

Sometimes I'd wear shorts to work but I'd get whistled at a lot or cat called, so I stick to jeans most days...sucks to be a woman huh.

I had my headphones in and I was blasting Lana del-rays Brooklyn baby. I was humming to myself quietly as I walked down the sidewalks of my neighbourhood. I had my eyes facing the floor as I just watched my feet step in front of one another as if they knew their way home more than myself.

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw two shiny black shoes right in front of my shoes then next minute... "Oof, god watch where you're going! jesus almost knocked me into tha' bloody road" a voice said, muffled as I still had my headphones in.

But with that strong accent I could hear him from a mile away pretty much. Wait a minute..I remember that accent..British, Northern British even...I looked up quickly and ripped my headphones out my ears as I stumbled back from the guy in front of me.

I had the look 'shock' wiped straight across my face, my eyes were bulging out their sockets as I managed to stammer out "I-I- I'm so..sorry Oh my god, I'm sorry I had my headphones in I didn't see you I'm sorry-" I rambled on with an apologetic look on my face.

Yes Camille, run straight into the attractive guy from the bar the other night, nice going girl he probably thinks you're a right weirdo now..

"Oh! I know you! You're the waitress from the pub arent ya?" He said looking at me with a smirk playing at his lips.

"Yep, that's me" I replied with a grimace as I was still embarrassed from stumbling into him.
"I'm sorry for falling into you again I was just so lost in my own thoughts I didn't realise I wasn't looking where I was going.." I said staring at his eyes..well his sunglasses covering his eyes.

"Nahh don't worry about it darlin' I shoulda caught ya but I was too busy trynna work this goddamn thing" he replied holding up his phone. He smacked it a couple times and furrowed his eyebrows at it.

I had to bite my cheeks as I felt myself giggle a bit, he clearly didn't know how to work a phone and honestly it was very cute. "Oh do you need any help?" I asked him with a small smile.
"Oh please love that'd be great if ya could" he replied smiling at me and extending his phone out to me.

"So what'd you need to do?" I asked him.
"I need to call me mate Matt but I don't know how to get it off that app" he said pointing at his phone. I looked down and just pressed the home button, then the app went off the screen and I looked up at him signifying I'd done it...he was really clueless and honestly looked at me as if I'd just told him I was the queen.

"How tha fook did ya do that?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. I giggled and handed his phone back and pointed toward the phone app so he could call his friend. "That button there takes you back to you're Home Screen so you can choose another app to go onto" I said directing him to the button I meant.

"Thank you love god I'm such a grandad with technology n all tha shite" he replied with a smile and a chuckle.

I sort of took that as my cue to probably head off as he would've thought I was even weirder if I'd stayed longer but as I stepped back and went to go put my headphone back in a voice stopped me.

"I'm Alexander." He said extending out his hand for me to shake. "Well- no- I'm Alex yes just Alex, Alexander's me full name but Alex is me yeah" he said still holding his hand out looking at me with a small smile.

"Camille" I returned taking his large hand in mine and shaking it gently, his hand was warm he had a ring on his pinky finger and his fingers were long and he had quite a natural tan and his veins stuck out when he tensed his hand.

"Well Camille, coincidence we've bumped into each other again, quite literally bumped into each other" Alex said with a chuckle as he gently released my hand.

"Yeah it is, will you be at the bar tonight?" I asked him with a tint of hope in my voice as I was again working tonight and could do with having a handsome face like his there whilst I'm working.

He looked to the side and then back to me and asked "are you working tonight?"
"Yeah Im going home now to have a nap then come back to start working at 7:30" I replied.
"Perfect. Me and my mates will be your favourite customers tonight" he said with a smirk.

"I'll see you then" I said with a smile as I begin to make my way round him. "See ya Cami" he replied as he walked off down the path behind me.

I stood there watching his shrinking figure go as he strutted off, the way his leather jacket stuck to his back and his black jeans were tight but not too tight. The way his shoes were shiny and how the sun reflected off them. How he had both his arms swaying by his side as he walked. I smiled to myself as I then turned around and carried on walking home.

The one thought lingering in my mind the whole way home. I was going to see him again tonight.