𝟎𝟕

The night went on and I was rushing around serving people left right and centre, I served Alex's friend Jamie? I think Alex said that's what he's called, his cheesy chips and he looked like a little boy on Christmas morning when I brought them over, it was adorable.

I stood at the bar with my hands on my hips and me and Michael had served everyone maybe a few others 2 or 3 times so we stood puffing and panting sweat droplets on each of our foreheads. I looked at Mike and giggled as he grabbed his water bottle and chugged it in about 10 seconds. "What?" He breathed out with a smile.

"Nothing you just look like you've been dragged through the woods" I said with a grin as I patted my forehead dry with a paper towel.
"Fuck off is my hair alright?" Mike replied leaning his hair down and a worried look on his face.

"Still looks shit so yeah it's alright" I said back with a smirk tugging at my lips. He chuckled then headed off to the kitchen to see if Barry needed help cleaning up. The pub consisted of Me being a bartender and a waitress, Michael also being a bartender and a waiter, this girl called Jasmin who only worked on Sundays waitressing but not bar tending because she was only 17. And then the Chef and Manager Barry, and two other chefs who I completely forget their names.

It was 9:47pm so that meant in 10 minutes time I'd be getting ready to go and sit with Alex and his friends and to say I was nervous was an understatement.

"Camille you can finish up now if you want Michaels on till 11 then I'm coming out to bartend for a bit" Barry called out to me as he stuck his head out into the bar. "Thank you" I called as I pulled my small waist apron off around me and threw it into the cupboard beneath the bar top.

I ran through the door and walked past the kitchen and Pretended to shoot Michael with a Finger gun and he mimicked dying which consisted of him clutching his chest and slowly falling to the ground. Barry shook his head at us with a smile as he knew we were practically big children.

I grabbed my purse out my bag and ran to the ladies. I applied some more lipgloss and took my hair out it's clip combed it with my fingers. I sprayed some perfume and rinsed my mouth with water and popped a mint in my mouth.
I was ready to go out there...

I walked back out into the pub and slowly and casually made my way over to the very loud table in the corner of the room. I stood there clutching my bag and bit my bottom lip. But thank fuck Alex noticed me and stood up before the others noticed me there.

"Lads, and Breana, this is Camille, the girl I told you about earlier also the girl who's been serving us all night" he said as he looked at everyone around the table then looked at me with a smile. He placed is arm out and grabbed a chair and slid it next to his and gestured me to sit down. As I sat down I shook all of their hands and learnt their names.

I went to spiky blonde haired boy first as he was closest, "I'm Matt" he said as he shook my hand firmly. I then moved onto the girl beside him, "I'm Breana it's lovely to meet you honey Alex has been talking about you" she said with a sweet smile as she shook my hand. I noticed Alex look down and circle the rim of his glass with his finger as she said that.

"I'm Nick" the guy with brown curly hair said with a smile. "I'm Jamie" the guy who ordered cheesy chips said to me with a big smile as he shook my hand. I then turned to Alex as I sat down and he extended his hand with a cheeky smile printed on his face. "I'm Alex" he said with a grin. I Huffed a laugh and then giggled.

Straight away I felt welcome. Michael brought me over a Vodka soda, and I sat there talking to Matt and Breana about my work and everything, Nick and Jamie would listen here and there and input some bits but were really in a private conversation of their own. Alex sat to my right glaring at me like he was admiring me and listening intently to everything I said.

"So really Matthew and I have been together for about a year now?" Breana said with a hint of uncertainty as she looked over at Matt he looked absolutely clueless. "Ahem. Yeah" he said snapping back into reality and placing his hand over Breanas which was resting on his leg. I almost laughed because I knew he didn't have a clue what she had said he had zoned out.

"What about you then Cami, Can I call you cami?" Breana asked me. "Yes of course you can, I prefer Cami anyway" I said with a grin.
"Okay, you in a relationship? Or any love interest?" Breana replied with a sneaky smile and leaned forward to take a sip of her drink.

I blew a breath out and scrunched my nose up at what she'd said. "Nahh I was in one, a year back, we dated on and off for about 3 years so it were an end of high school relationship but it led onto our adulthood...then it just..went to shit really" I said raising my eyebrows then swigging at my drink.

Alex had his arms folded on the table and looked at me carefully. I slowly looked over at him and smiled. He blinked and smirked back at me. "So what 'appened then?" He said straightening his posture.

"Well you know, the usual, arguments, disagreements, just grew apart I guess" I lied.
"Ohhh" Alex replied grabbing his drink to take a sip.

Jamie smacked his hand on the table and everyone looked over at him, "So how bout heading down to the club right now then?" He said with a smirk.

That then was followed by a chorus of "yeahs" and "yes mate" I probably should've left them by now as I didn't wanna tag along and be a pest. I grabbed my bag and got ready to say goodbye until Alex grabbed my arm and a warm feeling shot through my body; I looked over at him with my eyebrows raised to question what he was doing until he finally said.

"You're coming with us right?"