𝟑𝟓

I picked up my bag from the floor and sauntered over to where my dad was stood, he moved out of the doorway to let me walk into the kitchen.

I sat down on a stool and linked my hands together before placing them on the island counter in front of me.

"Listen..I saw you" my dad said slowly, my ears perked up and I glanced up at him.

He was stood just in front of the counter table, drumming his fingers on the counter now and then.

"..with that British rockstar lad.." my dad added making me bite the inside of my cheeks.

"Okay.." I said quietly trying my hardest not to come off as rude.

"Is he your boyfriend now then?" My dad said, he sounded and looked sober? Which was a first..

"No no...we're just friends" I said shaking my head.

"Aight..listen Camille, I didn't mean what I said a few weeks back when I told you to steer clear from him, I just..Didnt think you'd understand all the attention you're going to get if you got involved with him and that band..." my dad said furrowing his brows.

"I know..but it doesn't bother me...they're my friends and..the press don't hurt us or anything so it's okay..." I said glancing down to my hands.

"I know Camille..you're a tough girl.." my dad said sighing afterwards.

"Ive put you through so much..you didn't deserve any of it" my dad said quietly then looked out the kitchen window towards our garden.

"Why are you telling me this?" I said holding back the tears that were started to form in my eyes.

"Because..I'm going to be moving out of here Cami..." my dad said looking at me.

I Widened my eyes slightly and then looked back at my hands.

"I'm moving to Santa Monica..I met someone..and we got on well.." my dad said smiling softly at me.

"And I know what you're thinkin...Christ Yer old dads a bit old to be on the dating scene aint he?" My dad said huffing a chuckle making the corners of my mouth turn up slightly.

"But I like her Camille, her names Josie, we met a few months back and it's just sort of escalated from there..." My dad said.

I nodded and looked down as I genuinely didn't know what else to say.

"I'm so sorry Camille..." My dad said with an apologetic look and guilt thick in his voice.

I looked up slowly and my vision was glassy from tears in my eyes.

"I was a shit father I know...you were the best little girl anyone could ask for..and your brother was the best little boy too" my dad said his voice cracking slightly.

I was speechless. He was sober. Had a girlfriend. Was moving out to another place. Was apologising to me. He was trying to sort himself out...and honestly props to him for that..it made me think back to before my mum left when all I ever did was look up to my dad.

"I was horrible to you both..but I absolutely adored you, I never told either of you enough as I was constantly pissed off my face" my dad said gazing down and shaking his Head.

"I never meant a word I said to you during our past arguments and fights Cami." My dad said meeting my gaze again.

A year rolled slowly down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

"You're always going to be my little girl..." My dad said sighing and slowly moving around the counter top.

"When do you leave?" I croaked out with a sniffle.

𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝐼𝑇𝑅𝐸𝑆𝑆-𝐴𝐿𝐸𝑋 𝑇𝑈𝑅𝑁𝐸𝑅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें