𝟑𝟏

It was 4:56pm and I was getting ready for Jamie's barbecue tonight, excited was an understatement of the year.

I was wearing my high waisted ripped denim shorts, a black tight crop top with noodle arms, I then had my white oversized jumper to take with me when it got fresher outside later on.

Alex texted saying he'd be a little be early and I replied saying that was fine, I'd curled my hair and brushed it out slightly to make the curls go into beach waves.
I'd done eyeliner and had some catty eyelashes on aswell. I then put my Vans on and was ready to do.

I grabbed my small handbag, my jumper, phone and keys and ran downstairs.
"Camille?" A raspy voice called out to me from the kitchen as I placed my key in the door.
"Cami?" I unlocked the door and jumped outside shutting I behind me and locking it then jogging down my drive to the pathway.

I didn't feel like talking to my dad because I was going to have a great time tonight and I didn't need him putting me in a bad mood.

A black Cadillac pulled up just outside my neighbours and the door opened and a familiar figure poked their head out the door and waved at me. I smiled and jogged over to the car. As I grabbed the passenger door handle I admired the car before I got in..it was fucking beautiful.

I ducked down and got in taking in the aroma of car air freshener, cigarettes and Alex's cologne. It was the sort of smell that could knock you clean out.

"Alright love how are ya?" Alex asked as he buckled his belt back up and I did the same.

"Yeah I'm good how are you?" I asked glancing over at him smiling as he changed gear and reversed before doing a U-turn and driving back down the road.

"Yeah not too bad, happy I'm seein you 'n the lads 'n Brea tonight eh" he said glancing quickly over at me before focusing back on the road.

I leant my head side on, on the headrest just to take in Alex for a moment, he had his hair gelled perfectly into his signature quiff, his black aviators over his eyes, he had blue denim jeans on and a plain black t-shirt tucked into them, and a black belt, along with some black Chelsea boots. I must admit..he did look good.

"Why yer starin at me?" Alex asked glancing over with a a smirk tugging at his lips.

"I'm not I just..zoned out" I said laughing lightly and turning my head to look at the road.

"Yeah yeah.." he said sarcastically. I laughed and looked out the passenger seat window.

————————————————————————
ALEX POV:
We arrived at Jamie's and I grabbed my guitar case from the boot of my car, I'd also brought some cans of beers and then shut the boot and began to walk to the front door.

"Oh god, I completely forgot to bring some drink! Damn it" Cami said as she walked close behind me.

"Don't worry bout it love, it don't matter really I only brought these cos they were takin up space in meh fridge..but I'll say they're from both of us yeah?" I said smiling down at her as she leaned and rung the doorbell because my hands were full.

She looked back up at me and grinned, her lipgloss shining as the sunset reflected on her face making her skin glow and highlight her nose and cheekbones. Her white teeth sparkling at me when she grinned. She looked beautiful. She always did but, this moment more than ever...

"Fookin' finally I've been waiting to get the grill on for ages christ"  Jamie said as he opened the door to us. I snapped out of my gaze towards Camille and smiled at Jamie who was hugging Camille hello.

I entered Jamie's house and he smacked my bum. "Always knew you perved on me arse" I said to him looking over my shoulder as I walked through to the kitchen.

"Aye! Cami how've you been love!" Nick called over cami as she went skipping over to him and he hugged her lifting her up a little bit. She then moved to Matt and hugged him and then hugged Breana.

"Hello all I am here too!" I said waving to get their attention as they clearly hadn't even noticed I'd arrived..

"Can anyone hear a rat squeaking? I swear I can hear summat" Nick said looking around the room and not looking at me.

Matt joined in and said it was coming from this direction pointing over near me. I put my guitar down and placed the beers on dining room table, I stood there with my arms folded and an unamused look on my face.

"Yeah mate I think it followed Cami in y'know I  swear I heard squeaking too" Jamie said giggling.

"Fook off the lot of youse" I sad flipping them off with a grin.

They all erupted with laughter as Jamie ran over to his speaker and put some music on.

We all went outside and Jamie had done a really good job. Some fairy lights Hung around the fence that went down his garden. Some picnic blankets on the grass and a big sheet hung on the tree that was in the middle of his garden. A small projector sat on the blankets, that was for a movie later on when it got darker.

There was a table and chairs all laid out down on the decking right as you stepped outside and there were bowls of crisps and pretzels and olives and all sorts of picky foods laid out too. Then behind the bowls were the alcoholic beverages along with some Coca Cola and lemonade and tonic water.

I grabbed myself a vodka coke and Felt a cold hand wipe my side as my shirt had come up slightly when I leaned over the table. I gasped at the touch and shot my head round to who did it.

Cami stood there grinning at me like a child with a glass of rosé in her hand.

"Christ you're 'ands are freezin" I said to her as I picked up my glass of drink and sipped at it.

"I know..sorry I just saw the opportunity and took it" she said giggling shortly after. I chuckled at her.

"Here" she said as she picked up an olive and aimed to throw it into my mouth. I placed my glass down and moved back from her a bit and bent my knees slightly to position myself to catch it. She threw it lightly up in the air and I caught it straight in my mouth.

She beamed at me and cheered making me laugh. I then grabbed one and went to throw it to her, she positioned herself too and opened her mouth wide.

I threw it up towards her and hit her nose then bounced up and she went to go catch it and it went flying down the garden as she'd accidentally whacked it instead of grabbing it and it flew and went straight into Nicks head who was sitting on the decking stair that led down to the grass.

"OI!" He called as he turned around to me and Cami, Cami was wide eyed and had an apologetic look whereas I had my head thrown back laughing and had tears in my eyes as he had olive chunks in his hair. It was priceless.

I was wiping my eyes from laughing so much "oh my god" I said still chuckling now and then. "Oh god that actually flew" Cami said laughing along with me.

I kept finding myself gazing at her whenever she laughed or smiled. She had that smile that just lit up the whole room and made everyone else smile. I had to shake my head to stop looking at her at times because I looked weird to anyone watching me as I was really staring at her.

"I'm gonna go see Matt alright?" I said to Cami who simply nodded in return and went walking down the decking to go see Jamie who was at the barbecue down on the grass.

I went inside and Matt was putting some chips in the oven. I walked over to him and looked  around to see if we were on our own.

"Matthew..."

He looked up at me "mhm you alright al?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"I..I have a problem..." I said slowly.