𝟏𝟖

CAMILLE POV:
I led Alex into the women's bathroom and made him sit on the toilet seat in one of the cubicles. I grabbed some toilet roll and rinsed it a little before I headed back into the cubicle and gently lifted his chin to meet my gaze.

He had a red bruise across his left cheek which hand hints of purple around the edge and the corner of his mouth was all red with dried blood. I winced when I looked at him as I was the cause of this...

"This is going to sting a little bit but it might calm the redness of it down" I said as I gently placed the cold paper towel onto the corner his lips and rubbed it slightly. He made some hissing sounds and jumped every now and then but chuckled shortly after and kept saying he needed to 'grow a pair' and 'stop being a little pussy' which caused me to smile.

"There you go" I said as I finished cleaning Alex's face. He smiled at me and stood up slowly. I walked back out of the cubicle as it was a little claustrophobic in there. Alex followed behind me and closed the door behind him.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Alex.." I said whilst fiddling with my fingers and slightly looking down.

"Don't be sorry love I was helping you out, I didn't wanna see him hurt ya anyone woulda done it really.." Alex replied slowly stepping forward to me and gazing down At the floor.

"I know but...you got hurt and you don't deserve that...at all, and it's my fault you got hurt" I muttered out quietly slowly blinking and looking up to meet Alex's deep brown eyes staring at me laced with concern and worry.

Alex stepped forward and cupped both my cheeks in his hands, I felt heat rise up my face and I blinked back the tears, I was surprised I hadn't broken down yet. I was probably saving it till I got home really.

"Don't say that Camille, I chose to get involved..he was hurting you and I couldn't let him get away with that, yeah I got hit along the way but shit happens..all that matters is that you're okay" Alex said looking down at me stroking my cheeks gently with his thumbs.

I smiled so appreciatively at him and then...waterworks. I'd been holding it all in and hearing Alex say that caused it all to come out.

"Thank you Alex, so much...you have no idea how grateful I am you came in" I said through sniffles, he brought me into his arms and wrapped his big arms around my neck and gently stroked my hair. I nuzzled my nose into his chest as I soaked his shirt with my tears.

"Shhhhh... you're alright darlin'....you're alright, you're with me now...you're safe okay?" Alex said reassuringly as he gently placed a kiss into the top of my head. I pulled back and nodded. He wiped a few stray tears from my face and sent me a sad smile.

"Thank you, I really mean it....I don't wanna know what would've happened if you hadn't come in when you did..I can't even imagine-" I said as I sniffled and another tear rolled down my face.

"I'm glad I needed a piss and came at the right time then" Alex said with a smile. "Although I am actually bursting so I'm just gonna go in 'ere" he said gesturing to the women's cubicle.
I huffed a laugh and shook my head slightly.

"You go on back to the table I'll be out in a bit yeah?" He said as he opened the cubicle door.
I nodded and turned and left the bathroom.

I stood outside the bathroom door for a moment just to collect myself.

You lucky girl Camille, if Alex wasn't there fuck knows what Joshua would've done, you better make sure Alex knows how grateful you are for him now girl...

I shook my head slightly to grab myself out of my thoughts, I hugged Alex's jacket around my body and walked back to the table.