𝟐𝟏

"I- like stay the night?" Alex stammered furrowing his eyebrows.

I looked down at my fingers interlocking with my other hand and sighed.

You shouldn't have asked him that Cami, he wouldn't stay the night! What were you thinking..

"I'm sorry..I..- it's asking for too much..you've done enough for me tonight..it's just.." I said quickly but sighed as it I trailed off at the end.

"I'm just scared" I breathed out with my eyes closed and my head hanging low.

"You're scared?" Alex asked me leaning his head low to meet my eyes. I opened them I looked into his eyes and nodded slowly biting the inside of my cheek.

"Joshua...he knows where I live..and with what happened tonight, I just sort of thought he might show up here...and I really don't want to be alone. My dad won't be home until god knows when and that's even if he comes home" I rushed out looking up at Alex and frowning slightly as I sounded weak and pathetic.

"Oh my god..yeah..yeah of course love..shit I'm so sorry I honestly weren't thinkin..yeah I'll stay if you want me too?" He said brush his hand on my arm gently and looking down at me. I nodded quickly like a small child and he brought me into a brief embrace.

I walked with him up my driveway and unlocked my front door and stepped inside, Alex stepped in just after me.

I locked my front door up and took my shoes off to which he copied my actions and did the same, that made me smile.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked him as I walked through the small hallway and out into the Kitchen/Living room area, he followed me close behind.

"Could I 'ave a tea please? They 'elp me sleep" he said quite shyly but politely. I smiled at him and nodded as I made my way over to the kitchen and put the kettle on and grabbed two mugs and tea bags and made them.

"Could you grab me the milk out the fridge please Alex?" I called over my shoulder to him as he stood there rolling back and forth on his feet like he didn't know what to do with himself, he hummed a 'mhmm' and walked over to the fridge.

He slid past me as I was facing the kettle and my back turned from him and when I felt his warmth behind me everything just went in slow motion. The jittering feeling came back and I felt my cheeks heat up again. He'd placed a hand delicately on my hip as he slid past me and then went into the fridge and grabbed the milk and slid it across the counter to me, chuckling when I struggled to catch it.

Clearly he thought nothing of that moment there but my heart was fucking thumping out of my chest. Obviously he's my friend and all but yet again he IS a rockstar and is extremely attractive so who wouldn't get some butterflies in their stomach at that gesture?

I mean, it wasn't like I had feelings for him or anything..am I right?