"So..."

I lick my dry lips and blink my eyes.

"Why is the plant called the devil?"

"Because it is a plant not listed in the Bible."

"...What?'

My mouth drops opened. I've never heard of this before.

Potatoes are called the devil's plant because they are not in the Bible?

Does this make sense?

Haven't potatoes been eaten for a long time?

What century is this?

Didn't people eat potatoes in the Middle Ages?

What century is this ropan based on?

If the worldview here is this, then it is.

If I think about it, I thought it was unrealistic to be here. Therefore, I just nod along, even if I'm a bit disappointing.

At least the seaweed is really good.

Potatoes grow well on barren soil, and if they're stored well, they will not rot, making them very suitable for long term. It would be better than Lapel's corn.

Even if it is simply a plant that is not listed in the Bible, it is a waste to not eat it and deems it as a devil's plan.

"Have you tried eating it?"

I recommend that she should try it first.

If you have corn and potatoes, you won't suffer from food shortage for at least one winter.

But—

"... What?"

Of course, her reaction is as expected.

"Well, it could have tasted unexpectedly delicious."

"That—"

"Someone had eaten it and died."

One of the maids next to Ergel steps out from behind, adding to Ergel's words.

"From eating that?"

"Yes, Your Grace."

I'm not dead though.

It was potatoes that my maternal grandmother boiled as a snack throughout my youth.

Then, what have I eaten so far? Poison?

"Really?"

"Yes, there were people who had eaten that because there was so little to eat during winter, but most of them became sick then died... There were many dead people."

It seems that there weren't a lot of dead people if their deaths aren't widely known.

But, why did they get sick?

"Why are there so many devil's plants?"

"Oh, that's because His Excellency planted it a long time ago. After it gets uprooted, it grows back again and again."

I wondered if it's something that can't be understood by my modern common sense.

"Okay, why did he plant it?"

"We are not sure about that."

"So you're just going to let it rot like that?"

"No, they will be burned for the full moon in the next month."

"Ah."

Because it's a demon.

They will become baked potatoes.

I understand.

"I see. Shall we go to the ranch?"

Then I smile and get up from my seat because I can't no longer let my beloved potatoes be called evil.

.

.

As I'm looking at the potatoes in the ranch, is it really enough to burn them just because they're the devil's plant?

I wanted to know.

What aren't in the bible must be burned...

It's not like it says that I would transmigrate into a book either.

Modern times are full of things that aren't in the bible.

If I say that, I'll be crowned as a witch and be burned with potatoes, won't I?

But, the potatoes, what a shame.

Steamed potatoes, boiled potatoes, baked potatoes, all of them are delicious.

Tsk.

Unsure of how to fix this situation, I turn away with tears in my eyes.

Also, it's been awhile since I've stepped inside this ranch and observed the potatoes, yet I haven't seen Leo anywhere.

He used to wait by the entrance every time I come to visit.

It's strange today.

Neither Leo's face nor his tail could be seen.

Whenever he hides because of embarrassment, I could still clearly see his tail even if his face was covered because of his exposed behind.

I can't see him at all. That's too bad.

It's been awhile since I've seen his smiling face. I wanted to heal myself with it— Well, I'll see you tomorrow.

Thinking lightly, I turn towards Ergel.

"Let's get to work."

"Yes, Your Grace."

.

.

.

.

T/N: Abella's about to come through and solve al of Lapel's issues while tackling annoying sisters in law lol Charles doesn't deserve her... yet

With this update, chapter 3 of this story is now finishedddd~~~ it's been a long ass journey lol

Here's a preview for next update

"Your Excellency is doing this to me—"

He then looks up with a friendly smile.

"Because you just want to change my mind."

"It's not like you didn't expect this kind of ending the moment you said it."

"Then let's do that. Let's love."

K, bye ya'll.