Chapter 50 What's next ?

The girls and Sharon waited for Tessa to change after the concert and she had to say goodbye to everyone. They walked to Crimson with protection from the police, it was nearly 11pm. Sharon started the car and the girls thought it was great fun having some police outriggers seeing them home. Once the gates opened Tessa could chill. There would be no more paps taking pictures. The police told her to phone in the morning and they would get her back to her condo so she could collect her stuff. It's ok! She looked at the girls and Sharon, this lot won't mind going to fetch it for me. She smiled at them. Well ok, Miss Porter but call if you need us. I will she said cheerfully.

Once out of the car the girls went into Sharon's Tessa was looking at her house, down the road from Sharon's. "Tessa" Sharon woke her from her thoughts She won't bite. Sharon smiled If things don't go well said Tessa. You just walk back here and crash with the girl's ok? Ok said, Tessa. She took a deep breath and set off. The girls were looking from the window, they had their fingers crossed tight. Sharon blew them a kiss and came inside. What do you think grandma? Are we going to have two moms living under the same roof again? Asked the girls hopefully. I have no idea girls, but If we haven't seen mommy by midnight I think we stand a good chance. Sharon kissed them. Come on let's stop thinking about it and get the popcorn done and the movie on. Ya! They both screamed.

Tessa walked down slowly trying to think about what she was going to say? Mariah was sitting with a glass of wine looking around the house that Tessa had built for her. Why did I do this to us? she thought. I'm such an idiot sometimes, I couldn't see what Lynsey was doing until she got to our front door, and was hoping to move in! I need to go and see Tessa! Just as she got to the door and grabbed her coat, there was a knock. She opened it with her coat on. Tessa said You seem in a rush ? are you going somewhere? Yes! she smiled I was rushing to see you before you left. Well, I'm here now said, Tessa. Oh, I'm sorry! Come in said Mariah taking her coat off.

Can you stay for a wine asked Mariah? She had hope in her eyes. I came here to talk.! Are you ready to talk to me? Tessa had tears. I think we need to do that said Mariah. Can I take your coat? It's ok I can hang it up, I remember where it goes, said Tessa smiling. Mariah made her way back to the sofas and poured Tessa a wine and put the rest back in the ice bucket. Tessa came and sat down. I have a question said Tessa Ok go ahead! How did we end up like this? Well, you divorced me, didn't you? said Mariah Err I think you'll find I had a good reason said Tessa sounding a bit upset. You brought her into our lives Mariah and according to the girls, I was right about her all along. You quizzed the girls? No, I didn't have to they wanted to tell me, their worlds were falling apart.

Their moms weren't together anymore, they thought we were all going to be together forever and so did I. Tessa was in tears. I'm sorry I didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late. Mariah, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you! And you don't now ? said, Mariah. Is that what you came to tell me? No! No! I want you and the girl's in my life. I just need you to explain to me, why you could not see what I did? She ruined everything for me, and I don't know how to stop it from happening again? Mariah grabbed Tessa's hand. Look! She was from my past in the cult, I guess she knew how to press my buttons and ignore my family and try and get herself to replace you! Well, she succeeded said, Tessa. Only because I wouldn't talk to you and talk you out of the divorce. The night she came here, with her suitcases to say she was moving in was an eye-opener! 

WOW! said Tessa Yeah Wow! She has a screw loss, I told her to fuck off and not to come back, when you left that courthouse I never thought you'd want to see me again! Well, it took a lot to come back if I'm honest said, Tessa. The girl's persuaded me with this Orphanage concert, but I think they know how to wrap me around their finger and they know, we still love each other and want us to sort this mess out. But Mariah I can't let you back in If you're going to keep breaking my heart and me yours when I cheated on you. We've had so many ups and downs and I want us to try and fix this first of all. Do you think that's possible?