Chapter 17 (part 1) Nearly Finished

Well, three months had nearly come to an end. Tessa could not believe the crowd's  As more and more people came to see her and as the word got out she had twenty thousand fans at some of the concerts. It was amazing to hear that people loved her music as much as she did. Her thought's always turned to Mariah though when she realized how lucky she'd been to meet her. She was in Dallas for the next two nights then get on an early flight out to San Francisco to wrap everything up. Then what? Do I head back to GC or somewhere else? She'd not heard a word from Mariah since she'd left the condo. Maybe she'd moved on by now? The thought terrified Tessa if she had.

Mariah was in the office putting together the finishing touches to her trip to San Fran in a couple of days. She'd booked the best room.  Sharon had asked her if she was doing ok?  NO ! was her answer. I'm terrified after all this time she'd found someone else or she just might not want me anymore? Is this a bad mistake? She looked at her mom for advice. Sweetheart you have to face your fears. We've talked a lot in the last three months about everything. I think you know what you have to do. She was so nervous to see her. I love her so much. I just don't want to screw this up. One of her managers came in for a meeting at least she could lose her mind at work and stop thinking about the what if's.

Tessa had just finished up to her biggest crowd yet. She was having to sign autographs and have picture's taken now that she was getting more recognized.  She was having breakfast in the first-class lounge before heading for her early flight to San Fran. By the time she landed she was hoping to have a quick look around before she had to do the concert later tonight.

Mariah was all packed and the cab was on its way, to take her to GC airport and her 4.30am flight. Sharon had got up to wish her luck and give her a final pep talk. She'd decided to book herself first-class to give herself a bit of comfort first thing in the morning. The breakfast was amazing. She'd got Tessa booked into a room far enough away from where she was so Mariah could avoid bumping into her until after the concert. Where she planned to surprise Tessa before she went back on to do the encore and sing their song. She just hoped she wouldn't freak out on stage. Tessa had sung their song for every encore she'd done while she'd been away. Mariah thought that might be a good omen.

Once she'd landed Tessa and the band headed for the hotel. In her room she sort of unpacked but the band called on her to explore the city. The Hyatt Regency was near the Chase Centre where her final two concerts would be. When they got outside the first thing they did was head for the nearest coffee shop. They had about two hours before they had to go to the center for the first sound check and then rest until tonight's show. She could not believe she had sold out both nights so that meant over 40,000 people would see her. When she first went on the road she never thought this would happen. It brought her back to thoughts of Mariah and was she going to be getting back on that plane to GC in three days' time?

Mariah knew when she landed she would have to keep her head down so there was no chance she would bump into Tessa in the hotel lobby or anywhere else. She had phoned ahead and the hotel had said Tessa was at the Centre doing a soundcheck. So she went straight to her room when she arrived. She had decided on the plane to go and see Tessa's concert tonight and be a fangirl just like everyone else. She didn't want to see her until the final night, because she was hoping to pursue her to stay on in San Fran for a few days after if things went well. When she knew Tessa would be on her way to the concert she went down to reception just to get a glimpse of her. She was not disappointed when she arrived people were everywhere and wanted her autograph. Mariah smiled she was pleased for her. 

She looked wonderful thought, Mariah, before she escaped before she was seen. Just then Tessa turned around and thought she'd felt Mariah in the room?  For god's sake Tessa pull yourself together she's not so much as acknowledged how wonderful your concerts have been. So why do you think she'd be here now?