Chapter Part 26 D-Day

They woke up after a marathon night of lovemaking. Tessa went and made some coffee. Mariah started to stir as she smelt the coffee, oh that smells good, she smiled at Tessa. Well, happy Valentine's to you said Tessa. Happy Valentine's my love, come here Mariah gave her a deep kiss. I'm sorry there is no present said Tessa, my excuse is I didn't know you were coming. Well don't worry said Mariah I didn't get you one either, I guess we could call this our present to one another? I mean I flew here and you booked this lovely house.

So what's the plan? said Mariah I have no idea laughed Tessa. Great the sort of day I like, in that case, we could go for a swim? The beach is lovely and afterward, hang out in the hammock?  Then clean up and go out for a little bit of light lunch somewhere before climbing into the hot tub and then seeing if we can get some takeout, so we can spend as much time together as possible said Mariah. That sound's wonderful said, Tessa 

You don't sound too happy about it said, Mariah. Don't I? I just have a lot on my mind to do with the tour. I'm sorry it's interfering with our time together. It's ok! It's just we've waited for this get-together for what seems like forever. I know that was mainly down to me not being able to get the time off. But we have the rest of our lives to look forward to.

Tessa was in tears! Mariah scrambled over the bed to hold her. Tessa what the hell! Why are you crying? I'm so sorry! It's so wonderful to see you and you did all this for me to make this a wonderful Valentine's, and we made love all night, and you're the love of my life. We moved in together before I went on tour because we're planning our wedding and then?

And then what? Tessa you're starting to frighten me. What's been going on? When you zoom called from Sydney, there was a knock on the door. You said it was room service. It wasn't was it? Why did you lie to me? I err! It was one of the singers from one of my support bands, she called to invite me to go and explore Sydney. We'd not seen much of it since we'd arrived, so it was nice not to see the four walls of a hotel room for a while. We spent the day exploring, and it took my mind off the fact that you'd just told me you didn't know when we would see one another. You'd also told me we wouldn't be spending Valentine's together and in fact, it would probably be after New Zealand, before we could get together and neither of us had kept in contact that well.

"Tessa" Stop! What are you saying to me? Mariah was starting to cry. Tessa hated herself at this moment. Why oh why are you telling her on this day of all days? Mariah you know I said I never want to break your heart? Yes! Well, I'm horrified that I might have done just that. "Tessa" No screamed Mariah I trusted you with my heart, I let all my wall's down because of you.  Tessa was sobbing! I can't believe what I have done to you! Tessa, you need to tell me what it is? Please. Tessa stuttered as she said I cheated on you !!

Mariah's face fell. Tessa saw her pain. She couldn't believe she'd been so stupid to do this to Mariah or to their lives. Mariah, I love you, she tried to grab her hand as Mariah started throwing clothes into her bag. I was an Idiot! I don't know what happened? You had sex with someone else screamed Mariah. I can't be here, I have to leave. Mariah please, I'm devastated by what I've done to you, I'm so sorry this was supposed to be forever. You can go to the ends of the earth and I will still carry a piece of you in my heart. Tessa was shouting this as Mariah slammed the bedroom door and then Tessa heard the front door too.

Tessa ran to the front of the house and saw Mariah's red hair disappearing inside a cab. What am I going to do now? she thought this is all down to me. I can't believe I did what I did, I have just destroyed everything that's good in my life.