He reached his hands up and scrunched the tips of my hair, stars in his honey eyes. "You can fly?!" I nodded my head and cracked up, before Aki flapped his wings and met me above the asphalt lot.

I folded my legs and rested my head upon a clenched fist, a smirk wiped across the lower half of my face. "Guess you learn something new everyday, huh?" Aki flew circles around me, his wings ruffling in my face.

He nuzzled his nose against mine, brushing my hair and sweeping it over my shoulders. I looked into the distance, bringing over a fallen petal off a blooming flower. Shoving it between us, I smiled at the kid and offered it.

Aki overlapped his palms, gracefully accepting the gift. He opened up his mouth and dangled it near his lips, making me gasp and reach forward. However, he only dodged me and flew away. "Afternoon snack!"

"Heh, just kiddinggg." I pulled Aki into my arms, tilting my face down into his fluffy hair. Keigo paced in circles, obviously nervous about something. His eyes were anchored down onto the screen of his phone.

"..Baby?" I whispered to Aki, landing my feet back onto the paved ground. "Wait here, but don't eat that damn flower!" Aki looked confused, but listened to my words anyways.

I rushed to the heavy doors of our car, instantly tackling Keigo with a warm hug from the side. My arms locked around his neck, his hand hooking around my waist. I closed my eyes and hid my face in his chest, keeping quiet.

Taking a sneaky peek at the tinted phone screen, he was on the line with none other than the hero commission. I slightly glared at the long caller ID, showing a mean eye even though they couldn't see.

"Where are you, Hawks?! There's a reserved space that only *you* can fill." they yelled, blasting our ears. Keigo bit down on his lower lip, combing his falling bangs out of his face. "Return home immediately, you were never cleared for vacation."

"I don't need to be 'cleared' anymore, Yokumiru." Keigo tried not to laugh, but I had no problem with showing my amusement.

"Excuse me? That's incredibly rude, Hawks. Refer to me as Mr. Mera, and nothing else." I gently slapped Keigo's chest, quietly cackling into his leopard-print jacket. "Do you realize that you are breaking contract?!"

"Huuuh? So now you're accusing me of breaking contract, shame." Keigo's tone of voice was confident, despite the worried act that he had been wearing ever since he picked up the ringing phone. "You sound tired, Yokumiru! Didya' sleep well last night?"

His loud grunts came out through the speaker of Keigo's phone, the obvious frustration he felt not afraid of showing itself. "You need to take this seriously! I have the authority to take away everything you've ever known, Hawks."

"The contract is already broken, I thought you'd know that by now. I'm finally free from your shackles, and there's no rule in the book that can drag me home." Keigo started, ending it off with one final line.

"And by the way, the name's Keigo! Keigo Takami."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i got locked out in the damn blizzard today in zori, LMFAOO it was funny as hell

anyways, the last line of this part hit me so hard

the blizzard i got stuck in
v

the blizzard i got stuck inv

credit: Kohei Horikoshi words: 1168

words: 1168