Ch 36: Euphoric Moments

Start from the beginning

They both were lost when heard a sound. "Ahem.. ahem.." Akhil cleared his throat and they snapped their heads to his direction and saw everyone was seeing them. Ruhani looked down and Abhigyaan stood up for leaving but before he left, Suhasini stopped her and said mischievously, "Where are you going, Abhi?"

"I have a work to do mom, will catch you later." He was about to go when Suhasini gestured Akhil to stop him. He nodded and went to Abhigyaan. He held his shoulders and said, "Are, are dulhe raja kaha bhaage ja rahe ho.(Where are you running, Mr. Groom)."

Abhigyaan rolled his eyes and said, "I have to attend a conference Akhil."

"Don't worry son, I will handle it. You sit here." Anil interrupted before he could say more.

Abhigyaan looked Ruhani who was looking down with a small smile. She knew he was running so that they both wouldn't face any more embarrassment but didn't know she was actually enjoying the moment.

Abhigyaan averted his eyes from Ruhani to Anil and said, "Dad, there is no work for me. Let me go please."

"No beta, you helped her to select a ring for her now select one for you too or at least again help her in this, I am sure she would love to take your help." Suhasini said while looking between both of them whereas everyone chuckled softly.

Ruhani looked up and he too saw her like asking something through his eyes. Suhasini looked both of them and asked Ruhani, "You tell Ruhani, did I say something wrong?" At last she raised her eyebrows.

Ruhani turned her head to Suhasini and then looked Abhigyaan who was waiting for her to say something. She looked down and whispered due to shyness as everyone's eyes were on her, "Help me.." She looked up to him and said again, "Please."

Krisha saw them and said in her chirpy voice, "See, Now your would be wife too wants this so come and help her, Abhi."

Abhigyaan nodded his head and looked Akhil who had a smirked on his face. Abhigyaan took slow steps and sat near to her. Everyone looked them with satisfaction and thought to give them some privacy as they all understood they both were feeling nervous and embarrassed with their presence.

Anil already left the place in the name of conference(God knows which conference he went to attend).

Akhil cleared his throat and said, "I have to make an urgent call. I will be back."

Suhasini passed a smile to him with a nod. She then turned to Anika and Krisha then said, "I think, we should go and check on the kids, they both are in Anaisha's room."

Krisha and Anika nodded her head in understanding way and about to leave but Ruhani stopped them and said, "Bhabhi, I go and check on them, you all sit here."

Suhasini turned to her side and said, "Its ok beta, you select the ring, we'll be back in a minute."

She nodded her head and they all left, leaving them both alone in the living room.

At first, they both were sitting their in silence and just looking at the boxes of rings. Ruhani wanted to ask him something so thought to break this silence, "Why did you tell a lie?"

Abhigyaan looked her side and knitted his eyebrows in confusion. She looked his face expressions and said, "I know you were running before when you said you have a conference call."

He understood her words and his expression changed to neutral one. He looked at the ring box and said while looking at the different rings, "Because I know you were feeling embarrass when everyone saw us for selecting the rings.." He turned his head to her side and said, "And I don't want to make you feel more uncomfortable in front of everyone so I thought its better to leave."