"Positive." his feet moved backwards, slowly stepping back out onto the exposed balcony. I looked around our bedroom, spying every corner for something that would buy me just another minute. "Alright, baby! I'm ready to take off-"

"Wait!" I clutched his pair of black latex gloves within the sweaty palms of my hands, my feet nearly tripping over as I stumbled barefoot towards the open space. "You forgot something."

"Man, I'm awful!" he laughed, rubbing the back of his head and trying to pretend as if this wasn't happening. Nothing I said was going to stop him, I knew that fact as well as I knew the back of my hand.

"Thanks-" he was about to say, before I wrapped my arms around his neck and smashed my lips onto his. Now I could let it all out, the salty tears ready to tip over my waterline. They streamed down my cheeks, flowing like rivers.

I pulled him by the collar and never let go, the bulb of our noses grazing against each other as I stepped closer. His venom tunneled throughout every vein in my body, that intoxicating kiss of his that I never got tired of.

I took a slight breath between the gradual part of our lips, his gentle hands cupping my face and wiping away my endless tears. He hushed me softly, slowly bringing his fingers to the back of my head and scrunching my tangled hair.

"I don't want you to leave, Keigo." I shivered and sobbed, my mouth pulling away from his and my vision growing blurry with soulful oceans. "D-Don't leave!" he wrapped me within his wings, our bodies rocking in a waltz as he stayed silent.

"Please, please.. I can't live without you." the gloves dropped from my hands, floating down to the ground as if they were sheets of paper. "I can't live without you, damn bird." he laughed at those words.

He tilted his head down, our foreheads pressing together. The plastic edges of his translucent shades hit against my brow, while he remained still and calm. "You're making this really hard for me, y'know?"

"I can't live without you either, and that's why- that's why.." he pulled me by the waist, our hips hitting together and my nose wrinkling as I sniffled up my tears. "I won't die, I can't die."

"I'll do it all for you." he continued, my gathered courage allowing me to gaze up into his glowing eyes. They were a sharp honey, his black irises appearing somewhat catlike. He picked up the latex gloves, tugging them over his fingers.

And with a single flap of wings, he was off the ground- soaring high into the air. My hair flew back with each gust, the strength and size of his wings never failing to send me into a state of shock. I held his remaining touch close to my heart, peeking up at the pro hero.

"I promise!"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; after reading this sad mess i'll leave a few memes to hopefully make y'all cheer up.

i'm in literature right now and i stg english class is so hard, it's so much harder than math or chemistry.

i know that i write and all but english is SO TERRIBLY HARD?? i spend the most time on literature homework bc i don't know anything, i only have a high grade because of essays and well... the writing part 😐

hopefully hawks will be okay 👀🥰

credit: Kohei Horikoshiwords: 1177

words: 1177