F O U R T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

I walked as she walked into the house, making sure she got in safe. Then, when I knew she was, I sped back to my house. I unlocked the door and ran in.  I locked the door behind me. The house was eerie and quiet, creepily quiet. I trudged upstairs, giving a yawn.

When I reached my room I dropped on my bed and turned around, throwing my leg around a blanket and closed my eyes.

I felt my phone go off and I woke up with a groan. I grabbed the device and clicked a button and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked into my phone.

"Hey, can you come with me to go to Tyler's please?" Caroline asked, it was then that I saw the sunlight lighting up my bedroom.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, she thanked me and hung up the phone. I laid down for a minute before getting up, cursing my existent. I was so incredibly tired.

"Uh, hey." I said to Caroline as she was about to know on Tyler's front door. She greeted me and knocked.

Tyler opened his door and looked shocked at Caroline and myself. I was now standing next to the blonde, focusing on not drifting off into my thoughts.

"Brought your stuff, Old laptop, your jersey, The charm bracelet." Caroline said glaring at Tyler, her words like venom. What did I miss?

"Care. . ." Tyler drawed off. "This isn't a good time."

"Not a good time to drop off your stuff?" I glared at him like I knew what he did. I leaned over to Caroline and whispered; "what did he do?"

"I'll tell you later." She replied and I nodded, standing back, crossing my arms and looking at Tyler with a new glare. "Just take it." She practically threw the cardboard box in his hands.

"Ah Nora," Klaus said making his presence known.

"You, we are having a talk later." I spoke as he walked closer to me.

I looked behind him a noticed a brown haired girl. "Hayley?" My mouth went agape as I stared her down, unbelieving that she was here, standing in-front of me.

"Nora?" She asked backed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked pushing past Klaus and headed over to my friend I haven't seen in a long time.

"Just visiting Tyler." She smiled and pulled me in for a hug. It felt good to be back in her warm embrace. She smelt as she always did, vanilla and flowers. How much I missed that scent.

"I have to go but here's my number." I said pulling out a slip of paper and writing down my number and walking off. "And I'm calling you later," I pointed to Klaus and walked out of the house with Caroline.

"How do you know her?" She asked as we walked off the steps to Tyler's house.

"When I used to go to my dads house she lived down the street so we'd hang out and when we got older we'd met up and we just got close. We still kept in contact after my dad died, she triggered her curse young, she'd always be cautious around me." I said.

She nodded.

"Thanks for coming with me, I just didn't wanna be alone." Caroline said putting her arms around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back.

"I've always got your back care, no matter what." I smiled at the blonde. When I first started school she was a very bright girl, also very talkative. A social butterfly, however she always seemed to cling to my side, as I ended up doing the same to her.

———

I sighed walking into the grill. Of course I got stuck doing the  'stall Klaus' job. "Always me, oh Nora, you're Klaus mate, you're perfect for the job," I mocked her friends. "Oh please, for me."

I looked around as I enter and saw him sitting at the bar. "This place looks pretty good considering your hybrid blew up in it." I spoke up, sitting down on the stool next to him.

Klaus smiled, "Nora. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I want you to give my cousin back."

"Ahh, they sent you to sweet talk me. Well good form, but I'm afraid I can't do it." Klaus tilted his head and took a sip of his drink.

"And why's that? All you have to do is give her to me and then I'll throw her in the Salvatore basement. Boom, you don't have to deal with a doppelganger." I smiled, moving my hands like it was the most amazing idea ever spoken.

"She needs my help." Klaus said. I scoffed lightly. "Look I'm not going to burden you with the gory details, can I offer you a drink?"

"Oh yeah." I said, I'm so going to regret drinking I sighed to myself, but it has been such a long day and I needed it.

My phone binged and I sneakily looked down at the message from Stefan. My face dropped with annoyance. He lost Elena. My god. "So here's the thing. . . I didn't just come here to try you to get to release Elena." I awkwardly drawed out.

"You don't say."

"I came here to distract you so that Stefan could sneak into your house and break her out, which he did, and don't get mad, but then he. . . lost her."

Klaus immediately got up and I did the same and tried to stop him. "Nik."

"Nora, Nora I love you but if you don't let me go I will do something about it that you probably won't like." I was to caught up in the moment to stop him from doing something that I didn't even realize what he had just said.

"They figured out how to stop the hallucinations," I said before he walked away. Klaus stopped and turned back to me.

"Ok, you have ten seconds to tell me."