109

"Yes, I can work any day beside the times I have class, but that hasn't changed since last time. I can't work Tuesday's though," I say to my manager, my phone pressed to my ear as I walk across campus.

Every other Tuesday I see my therapist and get a weigh-in done. I decide to just keep Tuesday's my known day off so even when I don't have therapy, I can relax.

"Okay. Call me if anything changes. I'll text you your schedule in a few days. I'm glad you're back and feeling a bit better," Mike responds before shortly hanging up.

I pull out my key as I approach my car, ready to go home and relax. Instead of going straight home after class, I decided to stay on campus to get some of my online work done. Being at my dark, lonely apartment will only make me more sad.

Kayla is constantly at Chance's, she still doesn't say much to me. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm not going to apologize for moving to Los Angeles. One of Liv's nurse friends are planning to stay in my room so I didn't even screw them over with rent.

Liv, of course, went back to work. She's constantly at work or sleeping so it's hard to see her. She's great though because if I need her, she'll be there in a heartbeat.

I see my therapist tomorrow and I know she's been desperate to see me because I haven't seen her since my parents died.

I headed home and made myself some soup - a normal dinner for a warm, May day.

23 days until graduation.

I erased part of my white board on my wall, drawing in the number 23 big and the words "until graduation" a bit smaller beneath it. I just need some constant reminders.

I see my phone light up and I feel some excitement tingle throughout my body, but frown at an unknown number. I decide to answer it.

"Hi, is this Hayley?" The male voice asks.

I hesitate. "Yes it is," I reply.

Yes, this is she? This is her. Who's speaking?

I never know what to say on the phone, my awkwardness always having to make a reappearance.

"Hi, Hayley, this is John from Johnson's Cremations. I just wanted to call and let you know that we have the remains ready for you whenever you are comfortable to  come pick them up. I am so sorry for your loss," he says, the pit feeling growing in my stomach.

I quickly reply. "Thank you. Uh, what time are you open tomorrow?"

"We are open from 10 AM to 4 PM."

I have my visual calendar up in my head. "Okay, great. I'll be able to be there around 1 PM," I say.

I'll pick up the ashes then head straight to therapy. I'll leave my parents to just sit in the car.

Is that what a normal relationship is like?

"Perfect. I'll see you then, thanks."

I know Liv told me she'd come with me to pick up their ashes, but it just seems more convenient to head right to therapy from there. It'll let me properly take it all out.

Knowing that I have an extremely long day tomorrow, I start banging out some more homework and coursework that I have to do.

I'm really focused and see my phone light up with a FaceTime that automatically breaks me from my focus.

"Hi, babe," Ross says immediately.