71

The next few days flew by thankfully. Liv picked up an extra shift so I haven't really done much. The only places I allowed myself to go until today was work and school. I invested in pepper spray which is hanging on my keychain that I take with me everywhere.

I thankfully haven't heard anything from anyone regarding the incident. I worked with Max who immediately saw my bruise on my neck. He then proceed to comment on how as soon as he brought it up, he could see my pulse through my neck.

I've been afraid. I've been afraid to be anywhere because I don't want to be approached by his friends. But I understand I shouldn't live my life in fear.

That is why I bought the pepper spray and am heading out after my shift to look at dresses for my birthday tomorrow.

I walked through various stores, getting bored with shopping. I was anxious, but I was able to walk around. I mostly kept my hand directly on the outside of the pocket where my keys are while walking in the store. When I'm outside of the store, the keys are tight in my hand and I pay extra attention to everything around me.

I found a pair of heels to wear, but no dress during my excursion today.

I head back to my apartment around 8 to finish up homework. I even conquered my social anxiety of the day and went inside of a restaurant to order food to take home.

While eating, I work on the last of my homework until next weekend so I don't have to worry about any of it for this weekend.

My phone ringing breaks me out of my focus with my homework. I quickly finishing typing an answer then grab my phone to answer it and silence the loud noise and vibrations.

"Hi bub! Happy birthday!" Ross screams extremely loud.

I smile at his adorable expression, a little noisemaker now being put into his mouth. "Thank you, baby," I say, sliding my laptop off my lap and onto the bed.

"You're 21 now, finally," he says, putting the noisemaker down after blowing into it a few times. "What are you doing? You were ignoring my texts," he pouts.

I laugh and move my camera so it shows my laptop and textbooks. "Homework," I scrunch my nose up.

"Nerd," he teases.

Next thing I know, my bedroom door is flung open, the knob slamming into the wall. My already broken door frame definitely did not appreciate it at all. I jump and gasp at the sudden movement and noise.

"Happy birthday to you," my roommates come in with a cupcake and one single candle lit in the middle. They continue singing it and I flip the camera so Ross can see them. He quickly joins in on the song.

Liv snatches my phone out of my hand and turns it back on me. I am handed the cupcake and close my eyes to make a wish. I make one in my head then blow out the candle followed by their cheers.

"Isn't she just so cute? Even though she's a bitch because she wanted to sit home and do homework instead of going to a bar at midnight?" Liv asks Ross.

I roll my eyes and reach my hand out to take my phone. "Thank you for this and the little song. So precious," I smile.

"Well make sure you go to bed soon! We are going shopping in the morning to find you an outfit since you work all the time and were thoroughly unsuccessful alone tonight! Goodnight," Kayla says, squeezing my arm gently.

I nod. "I will, I will. Thank you again. Goodnight." I smile and watch as they walk out. I glance down to my phone once the door shuts.

"You do look so cute. I even see that you're wearing one of my shirts," he says, a smile on his face.