69

tw: abuse
-
"Shhh, shhh, stop yelling," Dave slurs, stumbling over to my bed.

I instantly corner myself and put my hands up as a shield from him. "Why are you here? I'm calling the cops," I say, putting one hand down to fumble around the sheets in attempts to find my phone.

"I was at Ty's and I saw your door. I miss you, Hayl," he says, his hand reaching out to touch my calf. I know his friend Ty lived down the hall, but on the polar opposite side.

Why can't I find my fucking phone?

"Hayley, I'm home!" Liv yells.

As soon as I go to open my mouth, his hand clamps over it. Please just come into my room, please, please, please.

I guess he reads my mind as he literally yanks me off the bed, his arm tight around me. I stumble to the floor with a bang as he keeps his hand over my mouth, his other hand locking the door.

"Shh, Hayley. I just want to hang out with you. Don't make this hard," he whispers into my ear.

My heart is racing out of my chest. "Hayl, are you okay?" Liv asks, her voice very close to the door. "Did you fall?"

He's holding me against him. I kick my foot against the floor but it's silenced by the carpet. "Stop," he harshly says, his legs now pressing onto my knees as he's directly sitting behind me in between his legs.

The tears are streaming down my face. "Fuck," Liv says under her breath. She tries playing with the doorknob and it doesn't open of course.

I jab my elbow back, successfully hitting him in the chest. His hand moves from my mouth quickly and I only have a second to speak. "Liv, call cops!" I managed to get out.

"What's going on? Hayley!" She screams, now flinging her small body into the door. "Hi, I need you to come to..." she says into her phone, mumbling the address. "I don't know what's happening... my roommate! She's hurt or something. I can't get this door down!"

I hear her voice trail away. "I told you to shut up," he says, his hand now gripping my cheek to face him. This is a dream, it has to be a dream. This can't be real. I'm convinced otherwise as his fingers clamp over my mouth, the taste of cigarettes and liquor coming from his digits. His hand grabs both of my wrists, holding them tight against me so I can fight back. "That should be us still, this could've been us!" He says, moving his hand from my mouth to grab my shoe.

He whips it at the framed picture of Ross and I. It falls and cracks loudly, the glass falling all over the floor. "You don't have to do this, Dave," I say, my voice shaking.

"It should be us, Hayley!" He says, his head shaking quickly. With tears streaming down my face, both my legs and hands pushed down so I can't move, I don't know what to do. His hand moves to my neck, holding it tightly for me to look at him.

Next thing I know, the door is kicked in. Dave reaches out to the frame, grabbing the biggest shard of class. He holds it to my neck while still keeping the tight grip.

I glance up at Liv, her hand over her mouth and the phone pressed to her ear. "C'mon, bud. You don't have to do this. Drop the glass," the mysterious man says. I think I've seen him before. I'm pretty sure he's a neighbor.

Liv is speaking quickly into the phone. Dave tightens his grip on my wrists. "Don't come closer to us, I swear I'll hurt her. Don't make me do it!" He says, the sharp tip pressing hard into my delicate skin.

"Dave, please," Liv whispers. The two of them are frozen at the door, afraid that any movement will cause harm.

I don't blame them. Something is wrong with him. He definitely mixed alcohol with drugs and isn't reacting well at all.