85

I grabbed my phone from the bottom of my bed, dialing a number in.

"Hello?" Rydel's warm voice is pressed into my ear.

I smile immediately. "Hi. I know this is super last second so I'm sorry if this messes things up, but I bought a plane ticket to leave tonight so I can go to your party tomorrow."

"What the hell? Oh my god! Yes," she screams in happiness.

I smile at the excitement. I debated going as I was trying to get myself back on a schedule with eating. I've needed to take some time off from work and school. I'm flying in on Friday night. The cheapest ticket back was for Monday so I'll try to figure something out.

I don't know what made me change my mind. I'm over the constant work - sleep - school - sleep schedule. I need change.

And maybe I missed Ross a lot. I just want to see him in person and give him a hug. Just a hug.

And I miss Rydel.

"I'm sorry if this messes things up," I apologize again.

She laughs. "Don't apologize. I'm so excited to see you and hug you. I'm glad you can come now. Please call me if you need anything. Let me know when you land! I'm so excited!"

"I'll call you later tonight," I say as I zip my suitcase up. "I'm headed to the airport now."

"I love you. Have a safe flight! Can't wait to squeeze you."

I smile, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. "I love you too. Bye!"

I hang up the phone and head out into the living room where Liv waits. "This will be good for you," she says, smiling. She was invited to come, but she couldn't take off her nursing rounds.

I'm a little upset about that, but I'll figure something out. As I exit her car at the airport, she reminds me to call her if I need anything at all.

I had my therapy session two days ago with Dr. Shultz and she encouraged me to go only if I felt ready. How will I know if I'm ready if I don't go?

I've never flown before so I get a bit confused but wind up at my gate anyway. With an hour and a half to spare, I pull out my notebook.

I see him tomorrow. I didn't tell him I was coming. I'm not sure if Rydel will.

I'm scared.

I'm scared to see him with Danielle because I'm assuming she'll be there.

I'm scared how things will be.

I'm scared because I love him so much. I don't know if his relationship has progressed into more than a contract.

And if it has - good for him. I hope she treats him well.

I'm also scared this plane will go down but I swear I'm not that egotistical to believe *I'd* be on the plane that goes down.

The plane ride was rocky and I was nervous the entire time. I snacked on some nuts and I looked out the window for the ride. It was crazy to see Earth from that perspective.

I get off the plane and I'm instantly overwhelmed. LAX is massive and wild. I have finally downloaded Uber and that's what I took to get to my hotel. It's directly next to the one that Rydel's party is at tomorrow. I just couldn't afford the one where she's throwing the party.

It's already 10:30 PM by the time I land so I decide to get ready for bed and prepare for the next day.

.