95

"I'm sorry I can't drive you to the airport," Ross mumbles into my neck, his body slouched slightly with his arms tight around my waist.

My hand is moving through his hair, the strands sliding between my fingers. "I understand. I never expected you to," I admit.

We spent the morning tangled in each other's arms, refusing to leave the bed until I needed to.

We stand in my hotel room, fifteen minutes before he told me I should leave for the airport. I thought I should've left an hour ago since I don't understand or know my way around LAX. I'm hoping I miss the flight so I can spend a bit more time with him.

"Please don't leave," he whispers.

I lean my head down against his. "Come visit me soon," I reply in a soft beg, my hand sliding to the back of his neck.

I'm just praying the next few months fly by so I can leave Colorado. I'm over it.

"I will, I promise," he mumbles, his voice muffled by the thin skin of my neck.

I press my hands to his cheeks and arch my back so I can look into his puppy dog face. "I should get going."

He leans in, straightening his legs so he's standing at his full potential to tower over me so I have to crank my chin upward when he pushes his lips on mine.

"Five more minutes," he mumbles, his hands cupping my cheeks now.

I smile into the kiss. His lips move quickly with mine as his arm goes around my waist so he can guide me backwards to the bed.

A puff of air releases from my mouth as he pushes me a bit eagerly onto the mattress, his slender body covering mine within seconds. His mouth moves to mine once more.

Between kisses, I manage to talk. "I'm going to miss my flight." He smiles with a soft laugh escaping before he kisses me again, disregarding everything I am saying. "Ross," I whine, leaning my head back so he can't continue pestering my lips.

"I'm sorry, I just missed you so much. You're leaving too fast," he frowns, the bottom half of his body leaning on mine with his forearms pressed near me.

I smile. "I feel like a lot happened this weekend," I say. "So you'll come visit me?"

He nods. "Yes," he repeats back to me.

Ross stands up and pulls my hands toward him, pulling me up as well. I walk toward my suitcase and place my hand on top of the handle. "You should head down first. I need to check out," I reply.

He nods again. "Good idea. I love you. I'll watch you get into the Uber and everything. Make sure nobody pesters you," he says, stepping closer to me to brush my hair behind my ear.

I smile. "I'll text you once I get to the airport and another once at my gate because I might get lost," I admit.

"You can call me and I can try helping you. Just follow the signs," he says simply.

Right.

I sigh and slide my hand onto his cheek. "I love you. I'll see you soon, right?" I ask, the tears now prickling the bottom of my eyes.

Ross pouts at me. "Yes, I can book the ticket right now if you want me to. Don't cry," he says, his hands sliding around my waist. "Baby," he whispers. He pulls me tight against his body.

I slide my hands around his neck. "I'm trying not to," I laugh, but it's shaky.

"I promise. I love you so much," he says, kissing my forehead. "Give me one more kiss then I'm heading down. No crying," he says, touching my nose gently with his finger.