113

The alarm blares way too loudly the next morning. Ross immediately groans into my skin as we are cuddled on top of each other, squeezed as together as we could be in a twin sized bed.

"Five more minutes," he whines, burying his face again after shifting himself more on top of me.

I reached my arm out, blindly feeling around for my phone to turn off the shrieking noise. Ross begins his light breathing again, the feeling tickling my neck. I place my phone back down once silencing it and start running my hand up and down his bare back as I let him sleep for a few more minutes.

When Ross doesn't get enough sleep, he becomes so cranky. Last night he decided to shower with me, his fingers constantly distracting me from the goal.

"I just wanna be close to you. I missed you so much," he admitted, his arms wrapping around my bare waist as the water trickled down our backs. "I'm not trying to have sex with you, just want you close." He presses a soft kiss onto my neck before resting his cheek on top of my head.

I don't want to wake him up, but we have a long day today. "Gotta get up, bub," I whisper, my fingers still tickling him.

With another groan escaping his closed lips, he leans off me to look me in the eyes. "Fine," his raspy voices says.

"Good morning, handsome," I say, reaching up to slide my hand onto his cheek, gently brushing my thumb.

Ross leans down into me, pressing his lips quickly against mine. "Morning."

I'm grateful his body is warm as he basically covers me with his long body draping over me like a blanket in this cold December air.

"Ready for this drive?" I ask, my hands still on his cheeks.

He shakes his head. "Not really. I'm just happy it didn't snow so we don't have to worry about that," he murmurs. "Excited to spend the whole day with you."

"What if someone sees us at a gas station or something?"

I hate that this is still a continued worry. I thought by now we could just relax and be able to go out in public with each other. So many things are pushed around when it comes to Ross that it irritates me a bit. I don't fight with him or bring it up, it's pointless.

He shrugs. "I don't know, but at the same time - I don't care. We'll try and be careful like no holding hands or kisses. As long as we keep our distance, it'll be fine. Maybe just not go in together?"

I nod silently.

So many of our outings are bound to be a disaster. Sometimes he'll act like he doesn't care, but other times it's best to just put a six foot pole between us to make sure there is nothing for someone to grip to.

"Are you mad?" He asks once I don't reply.

I shake my head. "No, I'm not mad. It just makes me a little sad that I can't just reach over and grab your hand on the highway. What if someone recognizes you and sees that?"

"The possibility of that is low, babe. Stop overthinking."

I pout my lip out, sliding my hands off his face to rest on my chest as he hovers above me. He leans down and peppers kisses along my cheek before pressing a longer one to my lips. Ross then slides off the bed and starts to get ready.

"I think that's everything," I breathe out, my hand placed on my hip as I stare into my bedroom, making sure I'm taking what's mine and leaving the rest for the next roommate.