61

As we walk downstairs, my hand is combing through my hair and Ross is still adjusting his jeans. We received an aggravating group text telling us to hurry up so we had to rush out.

"We were only two minutes late," Ross says as we approach everyone sitting in the lobby. "Relax with your resting bitch faces."

Kayla walks over to me as we all start filing out. "How are you feeling?" She asks, her hand going to my back.

I see Ross glance over at me, also making sure that I'm okay.

"I'm okay. I'm a little foggy, but nothing I can't handle. Trying to stay hydrated to wash everything out of my system," I say, picking up my water bottle to show her.

She nods. "I'm glad you're feeling a bit better," she smiles.

"Where'd you sleep last night?" I ask, totally unaware of where anybody was.

"I slept with Rydel. Liv and Rocky were in the bed next to us," she replied.

I nod in response. I bring the water up to my mouth, continuing to drink the liquid. I took Tylenol already, but nothing is helping the cloudiness in my head. I think I need one night of good sleep and I'll feel a lot better by the morning.

As I'm trailing the group, I'm absorbed in my thoughts. I'm still trying to piece everything together.

Someone from behind grabbing my arm. I spin around. "Oh my god," I say louder than intended and stumble away from them.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry," the woman says, dropping to the ground on her knees where I fell.

I'm panting heavily already. "What happened?" Ross asks, running over to us.

"She dropped her license and I grabbed her arm. I didn't mean to grab you too hard, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" She asks, handing me the thin card.

I nod. "Yes, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Thank you," I say.

The woman stares at me in the eyes with concern then glances up at Ross. "Sorry again. Have a good one," she says then smiles at me before walking back to her friend.

I grab onto Ross' hand and pull myself up. I brush myself off and slide my license back into my pocket. "Are you okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah. She just grabbed me hard and freaked me out," I explained. "I'm fine. I don't want to keep your family waiting."

I start walking over to the group. "Baby," he says, walking quicker to catch up with me.

"Sorry, I dropped my license and she grabbed me hard. I got a little freaked out, but I'm fine," I explain to them.

Mark nods. "No reason to apologize," he smiles nicely at me then continues walking.

I feel Ross' arm go around my waist, tugging me into him as we walk. "You jumped again," he murmurs.

"Sorry." I say, my eyes focused on the road in front of us. "I just feel really on edge."

I don't have a good reason either. From the events yesterday that I truly can't remember, I am afraid something will happen again. I don't know why I expected the person to grab my arm so aggressively would be the man from yesterday. But it wasn't.

I'm safe and need to convince myself that.

Ross leans down, pushing his lips to the top of my head. "I'm right here," he says, kissing the area again.

As we all file into a restaurant, I stay close to Ross. He's directly behind me, his arms wrapped around me.

I feel so tired.