79

Today marks fourteen days.

I was used to talking to him all the time. Since he moved, we weren't able to see each other all the time like we used to, but we always kept in contact in some way. Even if it was a minimal, I was able to look forward to hearing from him.

But I haven't heard his voice at all in two weeks. It's been hard since my birthday.

And I miss it. I miss him.

My roommates attempted to get me out of the apartment. Since I yelled at Kayla, she hasn't tried again. Liv has gently tried, but never forceful.

I surprisingly haven't turned to alcohol. But tonight, tonight was different.

Last night, I overheard Kayla and Liv talking about a party. I wasn't even included in the conversation, but all eyes turned to look at me when I said I wanted to come. They immediately nodded their heads and smiled; happy I was choosing to get out of the house.

It wasn't for the right reasons though. I didn't want to sit at my apartment and spend money on alcohol for me to sit like a loser and drink alone. Instead I can stand around with my roommates and random people, drink other people's alcohol and be in anyone's presence.

I dressed in a black lace bodysuit with black ripped jeans and my hair straightened. I, for once, put effort into my appearance. Otherwise I've been wearing leggings and t-shirts all the time.

"You look so pretty," Liv compliments me as I walk out of my room.

I smile. "Thank you, so do you."

Kayla comes out of her room moments later. "Ready?" She asks, her red hair curled perfectly.

Twenty minutes later, we were at a frat party. It was extremely crowded and my stomach churned as soon as I saw everyone standing outside and inside of the small house.

We walk inside and Kayla immediately sees someone she knows, so the three of us walk in that direction. I have a drink shoved into my hand and I immediately begin to drink it – not caring what liquor it contained.

I was four drinks deep when I had another one put into my hand. I felt good.

I felt alive.

I felt like I could do anything. And it was exhilarating.

I didn't even know where my roommates were when I went into the living room where everyone was dancing and singing along to the throwback songs. If I wasn't halfway through my now fifth drink, I would not be doing this.

I start to dance and sing along to the latest hit song. Some girls that I didn't know began dancing with me and that only made it ten times more fun.

I felt someone grab my hips as they sway. It immediately brings me back to the night of New Year's Eve, but I wash away the thoughts with chugging the rest of my drink. His hands guide my hips against his front and I am too in my own world to stop anything.

I'm having fun. I'm single.

I feel his hands twist me around and I'm eye to eye with a man I never met. He was attractive and definitely looked like a stereotypical frat boy. I put my hands around his neck and begin swaying my body even more, not allowing my thoughts to stop me.

Suddenly, he leans down and puts his lips on mine. His mouth was warm and tasted of beer as they moved. I felt him grab my ass with his hands as he tries to immediately slip his tongue into my mouth.

And I freeze.

I pull back and look at his face.

"Let's go upstairs, baby." He smirks and leans back in to kiss me again, but I pull away from his grasp and quickly book it out of the stuffy living room.