55

Ross' Point of View --

"What time do you work today?" I ask Hayley, my arms going around her waist. We're standing outside of my car.

I can't believe that I'm actually moving today. I never would've imagined this happening especially it being so quickly. The way that the music producer spoke to us, it gave me so much hope that I knew I had to go out there. I just wish I had a plus one. 

Her smooth arms go around my neck, her hands moving into my hair. "3. If you want to call me at any time throughout the trip if you're bored, you can."

I smile down at her while nodding. "Perfect. I love you," I say, staring down at my girlfriend who is way too good for me.

She leans up and kisses me quickly. "I love you, have a safe drive. Please, don't speed or be reckless. I want a FaceTime call whenever you get settled in, okay?"

Yes, I want to talk to you the entire drive and every waking moment I ever have after that. 

"Yes, I promise," I reply and lean down to kiss her. I tighten my arms around her, trying so hard to not let her slip from my grasp. 

She pulls away all too quickly to pick up the box I packed her. "Talk to you soon," she grabs onto my hand, giving it a tight squeeze. 

Fuck, please don't go.

"Bye baby," I reply, giving her the same squeeze. She pulls her hand from mine and begins to leave.

I watch as she walks to her car. I debate standing here and watching her get into the car to see the surprise I gave her. Last night after I snuck away, I grabbed the presents I got her and put them in her car. When she woke me up this morning and I saw she had coffee cups in her hand, I panicked thinking she already saw the surprise. 

With tears swelling in my eyes as she approaches the back of her car, I quickly get into my own and start the drive to my family's house. Halfway there, my phone dings and I know it's Hayley so I ignore it until I get to the house.

Once I pull into the driveway, I'm like a school boy just getting an IM from my crush. I pull out my phone and open our texts. The first thing I'm greeted with is a picture of her with tears rolling down her beautiful cheeks and a pout on her face. The necklace adorns her chest, the teddy bear in her lap and the roses in her hand. 

Hayley: I thought I was doing great on the not crying part!! I love you, thank you for this. You're the best. Never taking the necklace off and will forever sleep with the bear until I can cuddle you again xxx

With a smile on my face, I text back. 

Ross: Miss you already, beautiful. At my parents now. I'll probably call you once I'm on the road. Love you x

I get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I walk straight inside and the house is so bare, it freaks me out. I've lived here my whole life and now it's just... empty.

"Were you just crying?" Riker teases as he walks down the stairs. 

I tilt my chin up to look at him. "No, the fuck?" I say and continue my walk into the kitchen.

"Aw, is someone sad they left their girlfriend?" He continues to tease, making me want to beat the shit out of him.

"No... Actually yes, I am sad. Sorry, at least I have the emotional capability to become attached to people and can actually love someone deeper than myself, fucker," I reply with a clear attitude. 

Holy shit, I miss her.

Rydel appears around the corner, her eyebrows lifted. "You alright?" She asks, a banana in her hand.