42

"Help me zip it up, please?" I ask Ross as I stand looking at my reflection in the mirror. I'm trying to fix my hair to go back into the curls that I had before but it won't work.

He nods and walks over, his fingers lightly dragging the zipper up to the top. He presses a kiss to my shoulder blade then walks to the window. "It smells like sex in here," he says as he opens it halfway.

"Do you have any spray?" I question as I put some hairspray in my hair.

He hums then looks in his drawer. "Some Axe spray from four years ago?"

I laugh. "Might as well try," I shrug. "I don't want anyone knowing we had sex before. It's embarrassing."

"They won't. I'll lock the door and no one will come in here. Don't be embarrassed. It was great," he smiles, kissing me as soon as he sprays and puts the can away. "Does your dress cover the hickey?"

I fling my body around to face him. "You gave me a hickey? When? Where? Oh my god, everyone's going to know."

"Relax, I'm joking. You're supposed to be all relaxed after you have sex, not all tensed up. Are you hungry yet?"

I roll my eyes. "You drive me absolutely nuts."

I slip back on my heels and look at him. He keeps the tie loosened and his top buttons undone. It doesn't look messy, he just looks so good.

"Ready?" He asks, extending his hand out to me. I nod and intertwine my fingers with his. He shuts the door behind him and locks it before we head back downstairs. We were gone for maybe thirty minutes.

Riker appears out of nowhere. "Where'd you go? We thought you left."

Ross replies, "I needed to get away from here and just sit and talk with Hayley so we went to my room. I was overwhelmed."

Riker nods, putting his hand onto Ross' back and patting it a few times. "I know, it's tough."

After eating and hanging out with his siblings, everyone started filing out until it was the immediate family. I hung back with Ellington and Chance as the family kissed and hugged mostly everyone goodbye.

"Has Liv talked to Rocky?" I ask Chance, since he's still dating Kayla.

Chance shrugged. "I'm not really sure. I think they're civil with one another. I know that both Kayla and Liv were working tonight so they couldn't get off to come to the wake," he explains.

I nod. Just as I was about to reply to Chance, I see a familiar head walk in through the front door. I immediately book it right past Ross and to her face.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I say to Jamie, Ross' ex (Morgan) and my former coworker.

She looks surprised to see me. "I-I heard about his mom passing and I wanted to send my condolences," she stumbles.

"He doesn't like you. I don't know why you think it's a smart idea to come all the way this way to send your condolences. Leave before he sees you," I snap. "I'm serious, get out or I'll have people get you out. I can promise you that he will destroy you if he sees you here."

What was she thinking? The whole situation ended in a shit storm and she thinks it's a good idea to come to his parents house? To say her condolences for his mother out of all people?

Jamie replies. "I'm not scared of you. I want to say hello, now move."

I turn around to make eye contact with either Chance or Ellington, but I see Ross coming straight at us.

"What are you doing here?" He asks immediately as he wraps his arm around my waist.

She looks panicked, but calm at the same time. "I'm sorry about your mom." She reaches up to hug him, but he places his hand in front of him.