102

Mark is the first one to round the corner as soon as he heard the door shut. "Hayley, I'm so sorry," he says, walking to pull me into a hug.

I exhale slowly. "It's okay. Thanks for letting me stay here again."

He shakes his head. "You know you're welcomed anytime. If you need help with anything, please let me know."

I smile and follow him as we walk toward the kitchen. "Thanks so much."

"My dad made rice with chicken, do you want some? We can heat it up," Rocky offers once I step into the kitchen. Rydel hands me a water bottle.

I'm in such a sensory overload.

"I'm actually okay for right now, but I might take you up on the offer later. Thank you though."

I hear the front door close and Ross comes walking in a moment later. His eyes immediately move to mine then looks at my backpack still on my back.

He moves closer to me, his hand reaching out to me. "Let's put your bags down in my room," he suggests.

I nod and lead the way up the stairs. Once the door closes, I look over at him. "You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. I told Danielle what was going on. She didn't give me any problems or anything. We're in a good place. Mostly because I think she found a guy, but..." he smiles, sliding my suitcase over near the space by the closet.

"I'm glad," I reply and put my backpack next to it.

Ross sighs, walking over to me now. His hands go to the back of my head, his fingers moving through my hair. "You tired? Hungry?"

I lean my head forward so it's leaning against his chest. "If you keep doing this, I'll fall asleep standing up," I admit.

He laughs. "Get ready for bed. I'll grab you some sleepy tea and I'll be right back," he says then leans down so he kisses my head. "Need anything else?"

I shake my head slowly. "No, thanks."

I smile and watch as he walks out of the door. I hear him run down the stairs so I grab a pair of shorts and a shirt to change into from my suitcase.

Liv: Made it there okay?

Once my clothes are on, I grab my phone to reply.

Hayley: Yes! Heading to bed already. Have a good nights sleep. Love you.

Liv: Love you & miss you already. I think I may fly down for Halloween ;)

Hayley: Yes!! Please let me know. It'd be so fun.

I put my phone on the dresser and grab the toothbrush from my bag then head to the bathroom. I leave the door cracked and begin brushing my teeth.

The door opens and I quickly look over, the toothbrush in my mouth. "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here! Also, I didn't know you were coming," Vanni, Riker's girlfriend, says.

I laugh. "Yeah, it seems like I'm a surprise every time I come to LA," I reply. "I'll be out in one minute, sorry."

"Don't apologize. Did you cut your hair? It looks good," she says, being as sweet as usual.

I rinse out my mouth. "No, I didn't actually. But thank you," I smile. "Bathroom is all yours!"

I walk back to his room and crawl into his comfy bed, waiting his return. My eyes burn and I know as soon as he cuddles me, I will be out. As if he knew I was thinking about him, he walks in with the cup of tea in his hand. He kicks the door shut then walks over.