59

I can see he's nervous. Ross' fingers are fumbling around on the microphone and he's red in the face.

"Hey, we are the Driver Era and we'll be covering a few songs for you tonight," he says, his voice only slightly shaking.

A few claps were heard from various people. Kayla, Liv and I clapped and 'woo'-ed at them.

They begin their first song. It was Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. They stuck to their theme of throwback songs which perfectly hit the age of those who were here. With the first song a quarter through, Liv, Kayla and I finally got our drinks and make our way to the dance floor.

We weren't even the first ones there. There was a handful of older adults dancing. I smile up at Ross who smiles and continues to sing, his voice not shaking at all.

As we begin to dance, I glance at the rest of his siblings. They seem nervous as well, but calm because of the reactions they were receiving. Everyone looked like they were having fun so the band began to have fun.

After the third song, I already managed to finish my drink because it's hotter than hell in here. I walk over to the bar and wait for the bartender to come over.

"What can I get you?" She asks, wiping down the table in front of me.

I smile politely. "Jack and coke please."

The bartender nods and begins to make it. I'm happy they don't ID here because I turn twenty one in over a week. Probably shouldn't be breaking the law, but oh well.

"This one is on me," an older gentleman says, moving right up beside me.

I turn to face him. "Oh, you don't have to do that! Thank you, I appreciate it. I got it though."

"I insist," he says, smiling.

I nod. "Thank you," I turn to face the small stage again and Ross is staring intently at me. I smile at him then turn back.

"In exchange for a drink, how about I get one dance?" The man asks.

I shake my head. "Sorry, I got the drink. Thank you," I say to the bartender. I hand her a $10 and grab my drink then walk over to my roommates. I definitely paid her more than double what the drink was, but I wasn't waiting back there anymore.

I begin dancing alongside Kayla and Liv, allowing myself to fully enjoy being here. Fifteen minutes later, Ross announced they have three more songs. I'm finished with my drink so I throw my cup out and walk back over to the girls.

I feel way too drunk already. I only drank one Jack and Coke. The other drink was just coke.

"They're doing so well," Kayla yells into my ear.

I nod. "Yeah, they're great," I reply. "I feel fucked up," I admit.

"You only drank one drink. When did you become such a light weight?" She laughs.

I shrug. "It tasted like all Jack - no coke," I defend myself, laughing along with her though.

As the third song comes to an end, Ross was bouncing around the stage. He was so into it and it made me so happy.

With my roommates distracted, I decide to head to the back where we were earlier. I need to sit down. I walk up the few stairs and am making my way back when I'm hit with such tiredness, I can't move. I literally collapse onto the floor. I try to pick myself up, but I can't.

"Hayley," their dad says, rounding the corner. "Are you okay? Did you fall?"

He rushes over to me. It's hard to talk. "I feel so tired. I can't move. I only had one drink, I feel so out of it," I mumble the whole thing.