38

Hayley's Point of View

I'm laying across the sofa as I wait for Ross to come back over. He was only with his friends for three hours so I feel bad he's already coming back.

I've been afraid to go to sleep. I fell asleep shortly after he left and I woke up ten minutes later terrified. Everything happened today and it's all fresh so my brain still hasn't processed it all.

I hear knocking lightly on the door so I get up and walk over to open it. As soon as I have the door open, Ross walks right past me with his hood completely up. I can tell from his ripped jeans, white converse and black hoodie that it was him.

"You alright?" I ask as he starts walking to my bedroom. "Babe?"

Ross clears his throat. "Yeah, Hayl. I'm fine." He disappears into my room.

I furrow my eyebrows, close and lock the door then begin walking to my bedroom. "Are you mad that I asked you to sleepover?" I question.

"No, not at all. I'm exhausted," he says as he kicks off his shoes, pulls off his jeans and goes to climb into my bed.

I put my hand onto his shoulder. "Can I get a hello?" I ask.

"I'm really tired, baby." He whines and stays with his back to me.

I lift my hand from his shoulder. "Why are you acting like this? You're not even going to kiss me hello?" I question .

Ross spins around and pushes his lips on mine. I flutter my eyes closed and kiss him back. Shortly after, he pulls away and goes to climb back onto my bed.

I sigh and turn off the light then climb into bed next to him. He rolls over from facing the wall. His arm goes over my waist and pulls me into him.

"I did miss you," he says. I roll my eyes and lay there with my arms crossed. "You're not going to talk to me now?" I groan and reach over to turn on my lamp. As soon as I do, he brings his arm over his face. "That's so bright, babe. Come on."

I grab onto his hand. "You're being overdramatic. Can you just look at me?" I snap.

"Babe," he whines.

I groan and jump off the bed. "You can sleep in here. You're driving me nuts. You haven't even looked at me once. I don't know why you even came over if you were going to act this way."

I walk out of my room and into the living room. I grab the folded up blanket from the basket and go to lay down on the couch. "Hayley," he says softly from the doorway.

I turn around, ready to snap at him once again when I look at his face. "What happened to you?" I ask, rushing over to him with concern.

I place my hand onto his cheek to observe his black and blue eye. "I was wrestling with Rocky," he says.

"You're lying to me," I whisper. He glanced directly behind me as he said those words which gave it away immediately. "What did you do, Ross?"

He sighs and pulls my hand, leading me back into the bedroom. "You're going to be pissed."

"You saw him?" I ask. "Dave," I clarify.

Ross diverts his eyes away from me again. He doesn't even need to answer for me to know what he did, but he does anyway. "Yeah," he whispers.

"Babe," I say while shaking my head. "Why?"

Ross grows noticeably annoyed. "What do you mean 'why'? He harassed you. He deserved it."

"How did you even find him?" I ask as I walk into the bathroom. I grab a face towel and run my sink water. Once it is extremely cold, I hold it under the water. I ring it out then walk to him. "It's cold, but put it against it. It's so swollen."

"I went to his job."

My eyes widen. "You went to his job?" I ask, my eyes raised and my mouth parted.

"He went to yours and did that shit to you, babe! Don't forget what he did to you. Everything I did was justified. He deserved it."

I lean my back against the wall, watching him hold the towel to his eye. "Why did you try hiding your eye from me? As if I wouldn't have woken up and seen it." I curiously asked.

"I don't know. I didn't want you to go to bed upset," he shrugs.

I nod. "I was scared to go to sleep because I kept thinking about today. So thank you for coming over even though you're an idiot sometimes."

"Don't be mean," he says as he takes off his sweatshirt. "It was worth it. Felt great."

I roll my eyes. "I wish you would've told me beforehand."

"Why? You would've tried to stop me," he says.

True.

I climb into the bed and move near the wall. "How bad does it hurt?" I ask.

"Just a little bit. It'll hurt more in the morning," he replies before climbing in next to me. "Now, come here so I can give you a proper hello."

He smiles down at me and leans in to kiss me. I glare up at him as he moves in closer, closing his eyes then pushing his lips on mine. His tongue touches my lip and I immediately close my eyes to kiss him back.

I pull away from him moments later. "You've been so good lately," I whisper, my fingers tracing down his arm.

"What do you mean?" He questions as he leans against his elbow, his body hovering over me.

I pout. "With fighting," I explain.

Ross shrugs. "I know, but something needed to be done. I'm sorry if I made you upset, but I don't regret it."

His back lightly hits the mattress as he lays down. I lean on my side and put my head onto his chest, my arm laying across his bare chest.

"Goodnight," I say softly into the quiet air.

Ross leans down and pushes his lips against the top of my head. "Goodnight. I love you," his hand moving to my shoulder as he pulls me in closer.

"I love you," I reply and move closer into his body.

---

a/n

swamped with homework so i didnt edit it yet!!

let me know how ya feel