52

"Don't leave me," Ross mumbles into the base of my neck. I sigh, my hand going up into his hair.

We were exhausted from the night before so we messed around and fell asleep shortly after. As if it's his favorite spot, Ross' fell asleep again with his face into my neck, his arm tight around my waist.

"I'll only be gone for maybe three hours. You can do lots of packing during that time," I suggest, my hand going through his now longer hair.

He shakes his head. "No," he stubbornly mumbles.

"Yes," I reply as I lift his arm from around me then pull myself out of his grasp. "I told you I'd only lay down with you for ten minutes, I even pushed it to fifteen and now I'm going to be late. Please try and get some packing done," I say, leaning over to the bed.

Ross rolls over, his bare chest peeking out from the blanket. He pouts. "I will. Have fun at work," he says, leaning up onto his elbow. He puts his one hand onto the back of my neck, kissing me softly and passionately at the same time.

"I love you," I say as I walk toward the door, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

I hear him huff as he lays back down. "I love you!" He yells as I shut the bedroom door.

I walk out and make my way to the car. I have all of today then he leaves in the afternoon tomorrow. All I have to focus on right this very moment is the fact that I have to work and sort through the new inventory then I'm free to go.

Thankfully when I'm out on this shift, I'm invested and try to get through it as quick as I can because I can leave whenever I'm finished. I'm refusing to let myself think too deeply about anything else.

I make my way to the back entrance, clocking in and walking to the front. I wave hello then continue to walk to the back storage.

"Hayley?" The new kid, Max, calls to me.

I nod and turn around. "What's up?"

"Mike just left a few minutes ago, he has to run to the bank. If I need help, can I grab you? I don't know how much I trust the other girl," he whispers, pointing to a high schooler.

I nod. "Absolutely. Just make sure someone is at the register at all times. I'll be in the back storage so if you need me for any tough customers, I'll make sure I have the radio with me so you can get me quicker," I smile.

"Thanks Hayley," he smiles then walks a bit closer to the register.

I nod and walk over to the register, grabbing the extra radio then going into the back storage. I'm going through the books, my mind completely entranced by all of the new ones. I need to get back into reading so I make a mental note of all the good ones I found.

I'm halfway through when I hear my radio go off. "Hayley, can you come here quick?" Max asks.

I sigh and pick up the radio. "10-4," I say then place it back down, putting the book in my hand into the correct genre.

I walk out of the storage and head right to the register. "Hi, are you the manager?" An older woman asks.

I nod. "Yes, I'm Hayley. How can I help you?"

"This book... it's inappropriate! You shouldn't have these on your shelves. This a kid friendly store," she says, holding up one of the Fifty Shades of Grey books.

I almost laughed out loud, but that would be rude so I suppose I shouldn't.

I give her a fake smile. "Sorry ma'am, that book is widely popular and has been out for a few years now. It's not the children section so we can have it out on our shelves."