72

"Where do we go?" I ask, very loudly to whoever will answer me.

Kayla hums. "Let's try upstairs. It might be a little calmer. I'm surprised it's so busy," she yells and points to the stairs.

I know she's been here before, so I follow her lead. I've only ever passed this bar and I think picked my roommates up here once. I don't know much about this bar. Kayla actually chose this one to go to tonight.

As we go through one of the doors, I hear a chorus of people scream. "Happy birthday!"

I jump backwards directly into Chance who thankfully stops my fall. I make eye contact with every Lynch and I am already on the verge of crying.

"Oh my god," I whisper, my hands covering my mouth. I stand there in shock before I snap out of it and literally sprint over to the tall blonde with the face I absolutely adore. I wrap my arms around his neck, his arms going around my waist immediately as he lifts me up from the impact of my running jump. "What the fuck, Ross?" I whisper, my arms tight around his neck. The tears are pooling at the bottom of my eyelids.

Thankfully this part of the club is a lot quieter so I can actually hear everything going on especially the sigh of relief that came out of his lips once I attacked him. My heart is pounding out of my chest and I feel like I'm going to cry from happiness because I genuinely didn't have any idea that he'd be here.

"I would never miss your birthday," he says, squeezing me tighter into him. He leans back and sets me gently onto my feet. "Oh no, baby, don't cry," he smiles, his hands sliding onto my cheeks.

I pout. "I'm so happy you're here," I say. I don't wait another second before I lean up and push my lips onto his. His one hand slides to the back of my head as he kisses me several times. His touch brings flames to my body and the anxiety from earlier calms drastically.

"Happy birthday," he mumbles and pulls back. I feel safe in his arms and I temporarily regret never fighting harder for him to stay here.

I pout and blink several times to let the random tears come out. "You really surprised me, I can't believe you're here," I say. I turn and look at everyone else. "That everyone is here..."

"Oh my god, are you crying?" Kayla loudly yells making everyone turn and glance at me once again.

I shake my head, my lip still pouted. "No," I say and quickly wipe the loose tears attempting to keep my makeup intact. "I don't want to be rude so I'm going to say hi to the rest of your siblings, but I am coming back for you. Very soon because I missed you very much," I say to Ross, leaning up and kissing him again.

He smiles and walks over to Chance. I run over to Rydel and quickly wrap my arms around her, pulling her into my grasp. "Happy birthday!" She squeals, squeezing me tightly.

"Thank you, I missed you!" I say. "Also, I love your dress."

She giggles. "I missed you more. I'm so happy we pulled this off. That little reunion shit was so cute."

I laugh as we disconnect from one another. "It made me so happy. Like I could go into the bathroom and continue crying from how happy it made me to see all of you." I glance back over at Ross who is making his way over to Max. "I'll be back!"

I quickly speed walk over in that direction. I know Ross can be a hard ass sometimes, so I need to make sure he keeps his comments to himself. "What's up, bro?" He says to Ellington who is in the middle of talking to Rocky.

"Hey, how fucking crazy is this?" Ellington replies, hugging Ross.

I wrap my hand around Ross' upper arm once they disconnect. He looks down at me and smiles. "Ross, this is Max." I say, moving my other hand to lightly touch my fellow coworker and friend.